• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Artwork website and some samples

Zubkavich

First Post
Hi Everyone,

I figured I'd add my two cents to this section and post a few pieces from my website.

I'm currently working at an animation studio doing backgrounds for Saturday Morning cartoons. In the evenings, I work on a web comic to keep my creativity flowing. Down the road, I'd love to create illustrations for RPG books or concept art for video games.

Role-playing wise, I run a weekly D20 Modern Campaign as well as a Planescape 3e D&D game from time to time.

Here's a new painting done by a friend and I. We joked about bizarre class/race combinations and he brainstormed up a
Kobold Samurai:
Kobold-Samurai.jpg

Here's an older sci-fi sketch:
Sketch012.jpg

Here's a page from my comic, it's not fantasy, but I thought you guys and gals might like it anyways:
MM05-09sp.jpg

For any aspring artists out there, I can also direct you to some tutorials that I've put togther:
http://www.makeshiftmiracle.com/Tutorials.html

I hope you enjoy the work!

Aldymnor

First Post
Okay okay, this is awesome stuff dude!! I can't believe no one replied - they must be busy
Seriously first thing i did was add to favorites.

That is one cool rabbit.

Eric Lofgren

First Post
Very nice work

Jim, that is beautiful work. If you push the type of work as in the second example, you will doing a ton of RPG art. Not to say it all isn't great, it's just the second one jumps right out at you, well me, anyway. Awesome. I'll be found perusing your web site.

Eric

Kilmore

First Post
Honestly, I have trouble seeing why you can't find work in fantasy gaming products, unless they're not able to pay your worth. Your stuff is up to snuff. How hard have you looked? Just go down the publisher's list on the Reviews page and visit each company's website, looking at their submissions guidelines. I'm sure you'll find someone who will be thrilled to have you work for them.

Heck, I did it.

Zubkavich

First Post
Thanks Kilmore,

I'm going to put together a compiled Gallery page of my fantasy/sci-fi/rpg themed artwork and send it to a bunch of the publishers that I've been gathering contact info for.

It's not that I haven't looked. I honestly have been waiting until I have a decent body of work before I go on a submission blitz. 3-5 pieces that are of the proper quality and style aren't enough for a portfolio, are they? I was hoping to have 10-12 before I started "knocking on doors". I have other art, but if it's not RPG-flavored, I didn't think it would be worth showing to them.

Anyways, here's another piece. A d20 Modern creature I created for my campaign. It's called the "Flesh-Driven". Think of it like a specialized lesser Flesh Golem:

Hooded.jpg

As always, comments and critique are welcome!

Remove ads