• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Baldur's Gate 3 already has a One D&D Expert Classes mod

That was fast LMFAO, it appears One D&D is more compatible with BG3 then I expected. It's one way to test out Expert classes.

One D&D is more compatible with BG3 then I expected.
Skeptical face from me.

Not because it couldn't be, but because every other BG3 mod I've seen which supposedly implemented 5E content not already in BG did so in a manner that could best be called "slipshod" or "half-arsed" or "superficial", and where they pretty much always went with how BG3 does something, rather than 5E.

Like, the huge change to Bards here is that you can use a Reaction to cast Bardic Inspiration, and currently, BG3 doesn't really support Reactions at all as a general "thing", it really only supports Opportunity Attacks specifically, and a couple of other things is a sketchy-ass way.

I mean, I've played too much BG3 to go install the mod and play it again just to find out - the mod doesn't actually say what they've changed beyond the vaguest of terms - but I very much doubt most of the Bard changes are properly implemented, and probably none to Inspiration except maybe making Bards get less of it.

Remove ads