• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BaneWarrens sets standard/features for computerized adventures

Luke

Explorer
DMFTodd said:
I suppose I could start a pissing war with Luke for the snide comments but I'm going to try and refrain

Whoaa, easy Todd. Go back and reread the post. There's nothing snide there, and no offense intended.
I was responding to a post from "an avid DMF user" who wondered if I was trying to "take over DMF". I clearly said "no", and mentioned that DMF was surely found to be fine by those using it.

The fact is that RPM is heavily into crunching out 3rd edition game mechanics details, and that is a marked difference between the two. They're two quite different approaches, and explains why I'm not trying to "take over" the DMF approach. For me, the challenge and thrill of all this is to somehow box up the RPG mechanics into a software engine. For those who want an in-game utility, I'd love to be able to offer the smooth, automated NeverWinterNights experience of playing out mechanics, and somehow retain the open flexibility of tabletop playing with the option for using your own dice rolls.

You've obviously made an RPG tool that people have found useful, and I respect that. I'm not sure why you feel I was being snide.

Anyway, you've probably just returned from a long and tiring stint at GenCon, so lets not get heated ;)

Regards,

Luke

Explorer
This feature is now available in release 1.9

There's a few good important fixes in there as well, and a questionnaire you can fill out to help me steer future development.

Regards,

Remove ads