Building a Deathwarden?

fox0r

First Post
I'm working on building a DW for an upcoming 4e campaign that is pretty limiting on magic and religion and such. On the plus side, the DM has said that death powers don't count as magic, and instead count as their own kind of thing (woo for me!), on the downside, no magical items. I realize I'm going to be losing some abilities because I wont have a magical shield, and that's fine. I may, at some point, get one in the adventure, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm liking the healing aspects of the class, especially since religion is pretty nil. The problem I'm having is that I'm not finding diddle for resources/guides/etc on Deathwardens. Does anyone happen to have any links?

wasteomana

First Post
It is not a class that exists in 4th Edition DnD. That is the reason why you cannot find it.

If you will, however, tell us what you actually want to get out of the build we can try to point you in the right direction of what you might actually want.

Edit: It is also worth noting that very few builds ever use magical shields (most use magic arm slots like Iron Armbands of Power). But first step will be to get to a class/build idea that exists.

fox0r

First Post
Oh, it was in the builder, so I just assumed! Well, I should say, my husband put it in the builder. Do you know what edition it's from?

Just wanting to optimize, really. Stay mostly focused on healing.

Here's what I have so far: drive.google.com/file/d/0B7CldVl1MATIZWFqZzkyOUN6YW8/view?usp=sharing

Edit: Apparently, Deathwarden and a few others were introduced in the supplement "Forgotten Heroes: Scythe and Shroud".

Last edited:

wasteomana

First Post
Gotcha, it was added from a non-WOTC printed source. As such we can be of limited help. Mostly optimization optimizes around WOTC published materials and that isn't one of the WOTC books. If you do play a class that is a WOTC published class I would be glad to help. I would also really make sure to check, if the campaign is going to be limited, what all you can draw from. I've yet to be at a 4e table that allows homebrew material that hasn't been approved individually by the DM before the game and I've seen a lot of games that disallow some published materials like Dragon or Essentials. I would double check on what you can draw from and go from there.

Edit: Glancing at your character I would say if it was at my table I wouldn't allow the source material. Several of those abilities are significantly above the power curve.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases