D&D 3E/3.5 C1: The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan conversion for 3.5/Pathfinder

Ranes

Adventurer
It's always bugged me a little that one of my favourite modules wasn't converted for my favourite system, so I've done what I can to rectify that.

To celebrate the launch of 5th Edition, please find your 3.5/Pathfinder compatible conversion right here.

I mean, it's never too late, right? I hope you enjoy it. And if you do run it (or play it), please let me know how you got on.

Oryan77

Adventurer
It's always bugged me a little that one of my favourite modules wasn't converted for my favourite system, so I've done what I can to rectify that.

To celebrate the launch of 5th Edition, please find your 3.5/Pathfinder compatible conversion right here.

I mean, it's never too late, right? I hope you enjoy it. And if you do run it (or play it), please let me know how you got on.

Thanks man. I love getting 3.5 conversions! Out of curiosity, why is this your favorite module? I've never ran or read it, so I'm just asking in case I might want to run it some day in my own campaign.

Ranes

Adventurer
Well, it's one of my favourites. The first and most enduring aspect of its appeal to me is its Mesoamerican theme, which I think the module evokes very successfully, from its location design to its traps and key encounters. Nevertheless, it's all served up with some of D&D's signature gonzo weirdness. I'm a huge fan of aberrations and this adventure marks the debut of one of the most out-there. On top of all this, its tournament origins can be found in the mechanics that impress an urgency upon the PCs. All in all, I think it gets the ingredients right and then makes something delicious from them.

I love getting conversions, too. I've read many and run several. The fact that after all this time no one had done a complete and faithful conversion was a surprise to me, but the opportunity it gave me to create one was irresistible.

I hope I've done it justice. As you'll see from the download page, I built on some of two other people's efforts in the process, but I've tried to give third edition DMs the means to run as accurate and complete a recreation of the original as possible. And I hope you do get to use it - or bits of it - at some point, and that you have fun with it. Thanks for downloading.

Last edited:

Jharet

Explorer

I don't suppose that conversion is still floating around?

Maingame

Villager
From what I've seen, it's a great conversion so far. I'll be making good use of it in my games. Thanks to everyone here for all the hard work!

Remove ads