Career Events for WOIN

M3woods

Explorer
Started character generation last Wednesday for Mongoose's Traveller 2e system. It's my first time playing Traveller. I'm definitely seeing the influence on WOIN's basic premise. It's early yet so I can't exactly make the call on which I like best. I can say I like the idea of Career Events and I'm seriously considering adding them to my WOIN games.

ACADEMIC (1d6)

1You are approached by an underground psionic group who tests you for talent. Choose a Psionic Career next and gain an additional +1 to PSI or gain an ally of the Psi Organization.
2You join a political movement. Choose to gain a personal ally or an enemy.
3War comes and wide-ranging draft is instigated. Dodge the draft and move into Drifter as your next career. Join the Draft and choose from the Military list as your next career. Gain one extra Career skill upon choosing.
4You are assigned a top-priority project for a local organization. Gain a +1 bonus to one of your chosen Career skill.
5You receive praise and recognition by your peers within your chosen Career. Gain a +1 bonus to REP.
6You become caught up in a bureaucratic complication that keeps you from your work. Gain a Social skill

Though, thinking about it more, perhaps a longer generic list that players could roll on once they've completed character generation. Something that might include mishaps and events.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There are shades of them in some careers - promotions, writing a textbook, discovering a disease, etc - and of course there is a chance of going to prison after a criminal career. There was more of that in an earlier draft (included marriage, relationships, and gaining contacts and accidents and stuff). I may bring it back as an EONs article, as I liked it, but it wasn't too popular at the time - playtesters found it a bit too random.

(It was one table per career "group" like you have there).

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases