Catalyst Game Labs Partners with Paizo to Publish a New Pathfinder Deckbuilding Game

Catalyst Game Labs and Paizo are partnering to announce Runefire, a cooperative deckbuilding game. Paizo just announced that they will be partnering with Catalyst Game Labs- publisher of Battletech and Shadowrun- to publish Runefire, a cooperative deckbuilding game based on the Pathfinder roleplaying game. A crowdfunding campaign will be run this year, with behind-the-scenes details to be...

Catalyst Game Labs and Paizo are partnering to announce Runefire, a cooperative deckbuilding game.
runefire.png
Paizo just announced that they will be partnering with Catalyst Game Labs- publisher of Battletech and Shadowrun- to publish Runefire, a cooperative deckbuilding game based on the Pathfinder roleplaying game. A crowdfunding campaign will be run this year, with behind-the-scenes details to be shared along the way.

Runefire will combine the vast lore of the Pathfinder universe with a fast play narrative deckbuilding game. Players choose from several ancestries and classes before beginning their adventure through the Inner Sea region. Equipped with weapons, spells, and magic items, their actions and decisions will impact each Adventure going to the next. They can level their characters, find additional equipment, learn new feats, and more.

"We are excited to see the rich world we've created in Golarion reach new fans through the incredible engine the team at Catalyst have built," said Mike Webb, VP of Sales and Marketing for Paizo. "Whether you are a fan of Pathfinder looking for a new way to experience the world, or a fan of other games in Catalyst's system looking for a new setting, we think this is an outstanding combination."

Runefire will be built on the award-winning game engine used previously for Crossfire and Dragonfire. Catalyst Game Labs is carefully crafting this new experience for those who love Golarion and Pathfinder. The game delves deep into the lore as well as the new Remaster Editions to ensure the best experience. When players open a copy of Runefire at the table, regardless of what they enjoy playing—RPGs, deckbuilder games, or both—they’ll find a complete box of fun.

BattleTech will always remain my one true love. Yet the time I spent developing Dragonfire was an absolute high-watermark of my career,” said Randall N. Bills, Creative Director of Catalyst Game Labs. “I could spend weeks of fifteen-hour days in hard playtesting, and yet still sit down immediately and play the game for fun. I’ve literally been giggling as I’ve slid back into the joy of development within this game system. And along the way, I’ve absolutely fallen in love with the lore of Golarion (huge shout out to the MythKeeper for his amazing videos that have helped my insane deep dive). Working with Loren, Jay, Talon, Mike, Kristian, and Bryn—alongside Paizo—to weave in an authentic Pathfinder experience to create the best yet iteration of this game is just glorious. I can’t wait for everyone to throw this great game on their tables.”

Look to www.catalystamelabs.com in the future for more details on Runefire!

Dawn Dalton

Dawn Dalton

BovineofWar

Explorer
I'm still hurting from the cancellation of the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. Congrats to Crossfire/Dragonfire fans, but I need to do some soul searching to decide if I could ever love another Pathfinder card game.

Zehnseiter

Adventurer
Reads reads sound interesting ....Catalyst Game Labs :eek:..... looks at his Shadowrun 6E core book....remember the SR core books that came before...........winces......shelves his interested.

But hey Paizo good luck. You might need it.

I only buy Catalyst stuff when Pegasus has salvaged and cleaned it up.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
If this is a reworking of the Crossfire deckbuilder for Shadowrun, that will be ... fine I guess? I picked up the core box when it first launched and we played it a bit. It didn't have the same depth as the Pathfinder card game, which we played all the way through. I think it will be decent but also nothing that excites me like the old game did.

Zarithar

Adventurer
Not needed or wanted in my opinion. They had a decent card game for awhile before it dried up. Where is the demand for a new one exactly?

Remove ads

Remove ads