• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Catch Me If You Can"

mooby

First Post
Anybody else see this flick yet?

I went in with low expectations (fiancee wanted a DiCaprio film :rolleyes: ), but I was very pleasantly surprised to see a fast paced, fun, witty movie! It's based on a true story, no less!

I highly recommend this one for anybody who hasn't seen it yet. You won't be dissappointed!

Sagan Darkside

First Post
mooby said:
I highly recommend this one for anybody who hasn't seen it yet. You won't be dissappointed!

How is Hanks in it? Is he playing his standard no-personality serious role he seems stuck in the past decade?

Much appreciated
SD

RyanL

First Post
Re: Re: "Catch Me If You Can"

Sagan Darkside said:

How is Hanks in it? Is he playing his standard no-personality serious role he seems stuck in the past decade?

Much appreciated
SD

This time he's got a Boston accent! It's different I tell you!!

In all seriousness, it was a good movie. I had never heard of it when my fiancee announced we were going to see it, but I was pleasantly surprised.

-Ryan

Edit: That's fiancee with two e's. I am not engaged to a man.

Last edited:

KnowTheToe

First Post
My wife saw it with her mom and did not like it, I will continue to listen to reviews to see if it is worth seeing with friends.

Shadowdancer

First Post
My wife and I went to see it. We both enjoyed it very much. My wife hates Leonardo, but is a big Tom Hanks fan, so she wanted to see it. She liked DiCaprio in this movie.

Hanks' New England accent is one of the best in film history. Not an easy accent to do well.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
It was fun (although a little too mawkish for my tastes in parts). The acting was uniformly superb, and there were several elaborate scenes that had me laughing in delight.

If you enjoy con movies, I can't recommend Nine Queens highly enough. It's an Argentinian con artist flick, fantastically convoluted and slyly funny. Watch closely!

Daniel

Remove ads