Free Cauldron VTT v3.4

aethedor

Villager
About one and a half year ago, I posted about the Cauldron VTT v3.0 release. A few days ago, I released v3.4 and it has a lot of improvements which I want to share with you. But let me start by saying that Cauldron VTT was, is and will always be a 100% free and open source virtual tabletop. It's my gift back to a rpg community that shares a lot. So, what's new since v3.0?
  • Spell effect areas: A visual tool that helps you to see which targets are in reach of a certain spell. You can chose between a circle, a cone or a square. The spell effect areas are shared with other session members, so everybody sees what your spell will do.
  • Advantage and disadvantage attack rolls: The attack roll window now has an option to make an advantage or a disadvantage attack roll.
  • Improved combat tracker: The combat tracker used to be controlled via the command line, but it's now fully controllable via buttons. Easier and faster.
  • Spell information: A list with all D&D 5e spells are now available within Cauldron. A search bar helps you to find the right spell quickly and dice rolls that are mentioned within the spell description are clickable and result in an actual dice roll on the screen.
  • Portrait NPC tokens: Version 3.0 introduced support for portrait character tokens. Cauldron now also supports portrait NPC tokens. Although I use only top-down tokens myself, I see that many Cauldron users mainly use portrait tokens, so I improved the support for that token type.
  • Agenda module: Cauldron now has an agenda module. Your dungeon master can use it to plan the next role playing sessions. You can include it in the agenda of your mobile phone via an iCal link, so all players can easily see what has been planned.
  • Grid finder: Sometimes it's quite a challenge to find the right grid for a battle map. The new grid finder allows you to simply draw a 5x5 area anywhere on the map and it will find the right grid settings for you.
  • Battle map offset: Not all battle maps start at the left top corner of the image. Cauldron now supports battle maps that start anywhere within the image.
  • Barred doors: Besides normal doors, you can now add barred doors, which block the passage, but not the view.
  • Zone scripts simplified: Since the early days of Cauldron, you can attach a script to a zone to perform certain tasks. I think I overdid that feature, so I simplified it. Scripts are now easier to write and to run.
  • Small bug fixes and improvements: Besides all the main new features, a lot of small improvements have been made. Also, several bugs have been fixed.
Cauldron VTT is not a well known virtual tabletop, but it has everything a modern virtual tabletop needs. More and more people see that too, because I see a slow but steady increase in the amount of users. Have you tried it yet? It's free, so what do you have to lose?

Create your free account at the Cauldron VTT website or download the source from GitLab.

Cauldron VTT.png

Last edited:

Remove ads