D&D 5E Celestial Blade Sorclock

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I'm assuming he'd drop his level 2 slots into SP, and maybe a warlock slot as well. Should be enough to get him through 3-4 rounds of combat, and if the battle is taking much longer than that, they're probably toast.

No one is running 6-8 moderate encounters a day at level 20. :) It's all boss fights.
I wouldn't expect 6-8 encounters a day either, but 2-4 most days seems about right. Probably means 8-12 rounds of combat typically with a very variable number of short rests.

If he ever thinks he will go 2 combats per short rest then he only really has 2 warlock spell slots to use per encounter. Spirit Shroud seems to be a given, leaving him 1. Spirit Shroud can get knocked off and need reacst. He might want to smite. Etc. It's pretty hard to justify dumping warlock slots for sorcery points IMO.

I don't love GWM here either.
At least we can agree there.
Personally, I wouldn't take either feat because they lock you into a weapon, and this seems like the sort of game where the DM might give out an artifact weapon or two.
Maybe. So many DM's tailor such items to their players that without knowing more about the DM, it may not be a concern for him. If it is a concern GWM allows more weapons than PAM.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I found the feat that's better than either PAM or GWM - Resileint Con or Wis depending on what class you started in.

If you don't have con save proficiency or advantage on con saves, you really need it or concentration spells are going to regularly.

If you don't have wis save proficiency, you really need it or your going to constantly fail conditions that trivialize your build. Even simple things like adult red dragon fear = DC 19 fear which could prevent you from ever getting into melee with it while also giving you disadvantage on EB attack rolls.

Even with wis saving throw proficiency your chances aren't great, but without it... ouch!

tglassy

Adventurer
I found the feat that's better than either PAM or GWM - Resileint Con or Wis depending on what class you started in.

If you don't have con save proficiency or advantage on con saves, you really need it or concentration spells are going to regularly.

If you don't have wis save proficiency, you really need it or your going to constantly fail conditions that trivialize your build. Even simple things like adult red dragon fear = DC 19 fear which could prevent you from ever getting into melee with it while also giving you disadvantage on EB attack rolls.

Even with wis saving throw proficiency your chances aren't great, but without it... ouch!
This is actually very true, and was something I was looking at today. His main weaknesses are his Int saves and Wis saves, both of which were a +1. (Starting class was Sorcerer). Dex is a +5 (20 dex), Strength is +9 (belt), Con is +9, Cha is +11. All mostly decent, and I have Absorb Elements for those failed Dex saves.

But...having both Wis and Int so low? Those are the "shut you down" spells. Go up against an archdevil or demon lord with a 20+ save DC and I'm screwed.

Adding a Resiliant: Wis makes it a +8 (cause it would boost Wis to a +2), at the cost of 10 damage per round, though my accuracy would be sky high. Honestly I think this makes the most sense. Now the only issue is that low Int.

However, I am a Divine Soul Sorcerer, so I do have a one time use 2d4 I can use when I fail a saving throw, and if they do manage to take me down to 0 hp, I have Searing Vengeance which gives me 99 hp and blinds everyone around me, so even if I do fail a save that drops me, I still have options.

Also I do still have Eldritch Blast with both Agonizing Blast and Repelling Blast, and can quicken that, so I've got range covered if I can't get in close.

Remove ads