D&D 3E/3.5 Claw Gloves (Garb of the Hunting Cat) hiding weapon

LordPhrofet

Villager
So I came across the Claw Gloves from magic item compendium. The gloves take up the hand slot and "Claw gloves are treated as a pair of +1 punching daggers for the purpose of fighting with them when both are worn. " The question is if these could be hidden? What action to draw the "hidden weapon" and to conceal?

Richards

Legend
You could always rule that the claws in the gloves are retractable (I'd go with a free action to extend them or retract them, but they could only be extended or retracted once per round), and thus when the claws aren't extended they look like an ordinary pair of gloves. So they'd not really be hidden, but their functionality (beyond being a normal pair of gloves) could be.

Johnathan

MarkB

Legend
Wear a set of thick woollen gloves over them, and you'll just look like you have long fingers (or ill-fitting gloves). The first time you use them in combat, the woollen disguise-gloves will be shredded at the fingertips and require repair (and thorough cleaning) before they can be re-used as a disguise.

LordPhrofet

Villager
You could always rule that the claws in the gloves are retractable (I'd go with a free action to extend them or retract them, but they could only be extended or retracted once per round), and thus when the claws aren't extended they look like an ordinary pair of gloves. So they'd not really be hidden, but their functionality (beyond being a normal pair of gloves) could be.

Johnathan

I was thinking something like that. Was curious what the RAW interpretation would be to kinda compare but I feel like the "rule of cool" should probably apply here. Was also thinking if I should do a static search DC or if should allow the Player to "actively conceal" them.

Wear a set of thick woollen gloves over them, and you'll just look like you have long fingers (or ill-fitting gloves). The first time you use them in combat, the woollen disguise-gloves will be shredded at the fingertips and require repair (and thorough cleaning) before they can be re-used as a disguise.

That is not a terrible idea. But as I mentioned above I was curious what the RAW interpretations would be and then kinda see what could be done from there.

That being said I do like that idea for just someone who uses punching daggers or has natural claws in the future.

Remove ads