Cloak of Dark Power (FR)

nwn_deadman

First Post
I am thinking about making a Drow character but I do not want to take the Daylight Adaption feat.

I see that Cloak of Dark Power will keep you from being blinded or suffer from being in daylight.

What I want to know is:

Is creating a magic item that will use the spell Cloak of Dark Power as its base and will take into account that Daylight Adaptoin is a feat and cannot be disjoined (or supressed in an anti-magic area...field/dead magic).

Cloak of Dark Power is a 1st level spell (Drow Domain) my character is a Drow Rogue/Wizard with use magic device skill and a scroll of the spell needed.

I am thinking the cost should be:

1st level spell x use activated device = 2000
and to consider the -1 penalty (I take the cost of a +1 luckstone) = 10000

for a total cost of 12,000 gp market value.

Fair?

kreynolds

First Post
Magic items always fail an in antimagic field. If you don't want it to fail, take the feat. Even magic items that grant feats, such as intelligent items, fail in an antimatic zone. Thus, you lose the feat. No way around this as it is simple mechanics of magic and antimagic.

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
kreynolds is correct. It is impossible for ordinary characters to make a magic item immune to dispelling. Any non-artifact can be suppressed by Dispel Magic or Antimagic Field, and even artifacts can be destroyed by Mordenkainen's Disjunction.

Also note that creating a magic item with scrolls is very expensive, because you must cast the appropriate spells each day of construction. Since construction takes one day per thousand gp in the market price, you would need 12 scrolls to create that 12,000 gp magic item. (Or, if you're a wizard, scribe it into your spellbook and cast it normally.)

Remove ads