Complete Psionic: Githzerai Racial Class (Aproved)

Patlin

Explorer
stonegod said:
And when did we allow the Gith? Its not anywhere on any approved content that I see.

They're in the Monster Manual, which is in as one of the three core books. Further, it was discussed in the detail discussion thread that since they are in and we are using psionic rules we would be using the psionic version of them.

I asked pretty early on since I wanted to run a Githzerai character. Due to the LA +2, it seemed to me that having one character start at level 3 was too good a chance to pass up... under normal circumstances, I'd never get to play one!

Patlin

Explorer
stonegod said:
And when did we allow the Gith? Its not anywhere on any approved content that I see.

Approved Content Thread said:
Approved General Books:
Players Handbook
Dungeon Master's Guide
Monster Manual I
System Reference Documents
Expanded Psionics Handbook
Monster Manual III

To more precisely answer Stonegod's concern, Monster Manual I p. 129 contains the Githzerai. I'm sort of concerned by his question as I've put a certain amount of time and a lot of anticipation into the character in question...

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Patlin said:
To more precisely answer Stonegod's concern, Monster Manual I p. 129 contains the Githzerai. I'm sort of concerned by his question as I've put a certain amount of time and a lot of anticipation into the character in question...
I realize they were there, and when I was reading the Approved Content, it appeared to me that we were talking about the +1 LA or less races, not all the +n LA races (e.g., theoretically I could propose a mind flayer at 15 level when/if we ever get that high).

To reiterate---I have nothing against them in principle or balance-wise; they are just not my choice flavor-wise. I'm not going to veto them outright, as I have mentioned already.

Patlin

Explorer
OK, I guess I'm just being neurotic. :)

Level adjustments are generally such a raw deal I wouldn't consider playing a character that had one, but the Githzerai really appeal to me for some reason. Must be fond memories of Planescape:Torment.

Erekose13

Explorer
I see nothing wrong with having Gith in there. They were mentioned in one of the other books, Five Nations I think it was, as being in the mountains of western Breland. The racial class looks fine to me.

Yes

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases