Confused with FTL speeds and AL 10 navcomps

Ironxxx

First Post
On page 21 of the ship builders handbook it states a navcomp effectively multiplies the FTL capability of a ship by 10.
So on a Hull size 1 ship if I fit a [FONT=&quot]Xing Starship Design X-1S Clss 5 Navcom System with MAX FTL of 63 but have one Hyperdrive with Power of 4, what is my FTL speed?

Is it 63 (the FTL of teh navcomp), Is it 4 (the power of the engines divided by hull class), Is it 40 (10 times the Power of the engines divided by hull class) or is it none of the above?

Do I have to install a regular Command Control computer as well as a navcomp?[/FONT]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's 40 - the regular FTL times 10. The function of an AL 10 navcomp is to replace the max FTL value of a regular control computer.

The 63 is a cap.

Yes, you need a regular computer, otherwise 0 x 10 = 0. Plus you have no CPU to install any other components.

Ironxxx

First Post
Ah, so the cpu of the al10 navcomps contributes toward the cpu limit, much like other ship components?
What about Edefence, Range Inc and Soak (on the ship builder tool), do they replace the values from the normal computer or are they cumulative? I notice they're not in the starship builders handbook on page 21

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ah, so the cpu of the al10 navcomps contributes toward the cpu limit, much like other ship components?
What about Edefence, Range Inc and Soak (on the ship builder tool), do they replace the values from the normal computer or are they cumulative? I notice they're not in the starship builders handbook on page 21

Use the highest. The pure navcoms don't give you anything extra other than FTL speeds. You're really just talking about those last two items on the builder (Adrikson CS-1 and Arakis T100).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases