Cricket Fans?

EverSoar

First Post
Just a question. I'm from Australia, and cricket is a big thing. Just wondering over the world, how many other countries, watch. And what countries watch that dont' take part in the world series.

Superman

First Post
Baseball is what we watch in the USA.
But, I do know for a fact there are people here (alot of them India Indian) who have started their own amateur league.

Wicht

Hero
Superman said:
Baseball is what we watch in the USA.

Well I enjoy watching baseball, but I know many who would rather watch Football (american) and find Baseball to be slow. Hockey is also big and in certain parts of the country racing (automobiles) is very big.

I have never heard of an American cricket team but maybe I have always just lived in the wrong areas.

Superman

First Post
Wicht said:

Well I enjoy watching baseball, but I know many who would rather watch Football (american) and find Baseball to be slow. Hockey is also big and in certain parts of the country racing (automobiles) is very big.

I have never heard of an American cricket team but maybe I have always just lived in the wrong areas.

Baseball is our "National Pass-time".
But I just said it because it's similer to Cricket.
Monday Night Football is by far the most watched, and the Superbowl has the highest TV ratings.
Basket Ball is also very popular.
All three of those sports are distinctly American.

Your only going to find Cricket leagues where their are people that play Cricket.
Large cities often metro-areas tend to have them, not that you'd know, they aren't very popular with the general public.

The Traveler

First Post
Rugby, I feel, is one of the most thoroughly satisfying sports to watch.

I wouldn't play it, mind you, but I don't have the pain threshold for it.

shilsen

Adventurer
I'm Indian and am a huge cricket fan (cricket is the be-all and the end-all in India), but since I'm in the US right now, I have to follow it over the Net. Waaaahhh!!

AussieDM

First Post
I'm here in Sydney and love the cricket - way better than Baseball.

The only US Sport I watch is NFL.

BAsketball is only interesting with 2mins to go with the scores tied...

But the best game is the World Game - Soccer!

PS - Rugby League is much better than Rugby Union - Go The Dragons!

Remove ads