(Cydra) Delilah's Story

the Jester

Legend
The Son of the Son of the Light

8/15/371 O.L.G.

“That ship’s journey was the beginning of many things,” muses Delilah.

“Indeed.” Dzaram nods. Nydroth scowls.

The three of them brood together for a few minutes, each lost in their thoughts of Jerakai Ilmixie. Their was a time when he was one of the core members of the cabal- a long time. Until he made one mistake too many, and one too bold; and though it was his familiar, Mordechai, that actually did it, he was responsible for his familiar.

Delilah purses her lips. “In a way, Jerakai was a battleground himself, wasn’t he?”

“Yes.” Dzaram’s cold eyes fix on her. “Very perceptive. His personal tendency towards Law was at war with his demonic heritage, even before he knew the truth of his lineage.”

“He always had too many voices in his head,” remarks Nydroth.

”That rod,” acknowledges Delilah. “And Mordechai.”

“A cruel gesture, by his grandfather- giving him a quasit familiar to try to tempt him to fall to Chaos.” Dzaram’s face is unreadable. “He staved off the psychic advances for a very long time. He was... impressive.”

“Very talented,” murmurs Nydroth.

“Yet he could never defeat Dalibrius,” chuckles Delilah.

“Now that fellow had a unique style of verbal components in his spells,” Nydroth comments.

Delilah sighs. “That silly ship ride started a lot of things, didn’t it?

12/4/217 O.L.G., within the Geode of Chaos

Casually, Jerakai picked an angel feather from the floor. That would look good in my hair, he thought with a smirk.

“Please,” groaned the angel. “You must help! I am too weak...”

“Who is the son of Dexter?” demanded Dalibrius. “We will protect him.”

“We will?” Jerakai asked scornfully.

I like him, Delilah decided. He’s a keeper.

“His name,” the angel continued, “is Thurlist. He is traveling with his wife and daughter... he is a half-elf. He is in grave danger!”

“A half-elf, eh?” Jantoo smirked. Well, it’s good to know what his taste is women is like, Delilah thought behind the mask of the body she was wearing.

“Please,” the angel Nuvien begged. “There is not much time!”

When they emerged from the water and returned to the ship, they sought out Thurlist. A large group of water-logged adventurer types bursting in to his cabin was enough to make him more than nervous. “What is the meaning of this?” he demanded. “What do you want?”

“We know who you are, Thurlist,” Jantoo said soothingly.

The half-elf stiffened. “What do you mean? I am nobody special!”

“Oh, but you are,” ‘he’ murmured. “You are the son of the son of the Light. You are very special- and you are in grave danger.”

“Are you here to bring me harm?” Thurlist demanded.

“No- we are here to protect you,” Dalibrius answered.

“Then what threatens me?”

“Assassins,” replied Jerakai.

“Do you mean someone on the boat?” The half-elf went even paler than he normally was.

“We don’t know,” Jantoo admitted. “But an angel implored us to aid you.”

“An angel!”

“Yes, I have one of his feathers here in my hair,” Jerakai said, pulling it forth and displaying it with a dazzling smile.

Unhappily, Thurlist allowed the party to guard him and his wife and daughter. When he stomped up on deck to get some air, the attack came. Rising from the water is a morphing, multicolored mass of pure chaos, it rolled onto the ship’s deck and started coming directly for the son of Dexter.

The party reacted quickly. Their weapons carved out chunks of its flowing substance as easily as they would flesh; Jantoo subtly conjured two arrows of fire to blast it with, figuring ‘he’ could simply deny having done it after the fact and give the credit to Jerakai. Thought the monstrous chaos elemental battered several of them, they destroyed it.

“Thank you!” exclaimed Thurlist. “I had no idea... no idea at all!”

“We were glad to be of service, sir,” replied Dwindle. A few minutes later, when nobody else was really paying attention- including Delilah- the gnome took Thurlist aside for a few minutes. “I have a suggestion for you,” he murmured. “I know from the tales of Dexter’s life that he was always pursued by evil men and demons seeking to destroy or corrupt him. Now that someone knows who you are- and clearly, the assassination attempt means someone does- you are unlikely to find peace.

“Yet there is a city, a city I am from, on Dorhaus. It is called Var. The Baron of Var is one of Dexter’s Twelve Companions, Malford. I am certain that he would offer you sanctuary.”

“Thank you,” Thurlist murmured in reply. “I... will think on your words.”

Jantoo, meanwhile, took a moment to chat with Jerakai.

”You’re very impressive,” Jantoo/Delilah said.

“We all did our part,” Jerakai shrugged. He glances over at the others and his eyes harden as they pass over Dalibrius.

“I may have a proposition for you, if you’re not squeamish,” Jantoo said.

“Squeamish!” Jerakai laughed. “Whatever you’re offering, it sounds intriguing!”

8/17/371 O.L.G.

“They are broken,” Dzaram shakes his head. “The elves of this region are neither numerous nor especially powerful, but I had hoped they might hold out for more than two days.”

The sandbox is almost empty of elven figures. The horrors have overrun everything.

“It’s a pity they aren’t alive,” Nydroth remarks grumpily. “I could engineer a plague.”

Dzaram shakes his hand dismissively. “They are far from Forinthia. Unless they reach a sea gate or find another method of instant travel, they are not yet a direct threat to us. This is, after all, over thirty thousand miles from Forinthia.”

Delilah chuckles. “You could be more forthcoming, you know. If we knew more, we could give you better advice.”

“I could be,” Dzaram says. “Come, we will transit back to the Astral.”

Delilah shakes her head. Worth a try once in a while, she thinks wryly.

Next Time: When this thread returns it will become Jerakai’s Story! We will get to know Jerakai Ilmixie a little bit, and the natural response to him is- Cydra’s first superhero, the Masked Avenger!!

But this may not come for a while. :)

hippiejedi2

First Post
Hi Jester

I love the reminiscent style of the updates, how it ties in the past to the present. Dzharam seems kind of nice for a Demilich, its not all "take over/destroy the world b/c I am evil muwahahah", except that he is, but in a manner probably to subtle and clever for anyone to notice.

Will Jerikai's story get its own thread or will this thread shift to Jerikai? Will there be more Delilah, Dzharam, and Nydroth? Jerikai is a bad guy, right? Is Dalibrius the superhero? When you say Jerikai's story "may not come for a while" I hope you mean by "may not"=immediatly, "come"=commence, and "for a while"=now.

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
This thread will morph through the stories of a number of villainous pcs (though not all the characters that appear are pcs; neither Dzaram nor Ominous are pcs, but Delilah, Jerakai, Nydroth and Zazou (though I'd hardly call him a villain) are or were pcs).

It's going to prolly be a while til I get back to this one, though if Seance wants to, he's welcome to tell some of Jerakai's tales here himself... :)

I'm gradually writing up my entire campaign via these story hours. It's soo cool to do this. This topic deserves a thread of its own.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
the Jester said:
Hmm, should have mentioned this in the opening post- BEWARE! This thread is all about villains and will explore some areas of their psyches that might be disturbing. Call them 'mature' or 'vile,' those events will be there, as they were in the game.

This thread is not recommended for young kids or the easily offended, in other words. :]

I'm offended, stop this maddness :mad:

Just kidding. You do realize that by saying, mature, get out, you just attracted the young and impressionable;)

I only read a bit, didn't have time for the whole thing, but I like stories of villians, keep going.

the Jester

Legend
DM-Rocco said:
I only read a bit, didn't have time for the whole thing, but I like stories of villians, keep going.

Hey, glad you're enjoying it! We've come to the point where Delilah's tale and Jerakai's tale meet, so I need to do the earlier parts of his story before I get back to hers. I'll get to it eventually. :)

Funeris

First Post
Ahhh...nicely written. I haven't tried your other SHs yet, Jester. But having read this villainous thread...i may just have to. Always fun to hear about the exploits of the anti-heros. Keep it up....

And hey, if you ever have a free moment or so....start a SH thread about Dzaram...I'd love to know his history :D that is...if it wouldn't spoil your other SHs.

~Fune

Remove ads