D&D Attack Wing Starter Set

GeekDad

First Post
4 out of 5 rating for D&D Attack Wing Starter Set

Attack Wing‘s appeal in your household will depend on a few things: your kids’ ages – it’s recommended for 14 and up, but your mileage may vary – whether you’ve already got a game of this type on your shelf, and, let’s face it, whether fantasy settings are your thing, as opposed to outer space or more Earthly battlefields. Me, I like D&D, don’t already have a miniatures-based combat game, and watch The Lord of the Rings as part of our family’s December holiday traditions, so I’m finding Attack Wing a lot of fun, and looking forward to more sessions.

Henrix

Explorer
5 out of 5 rating for D&D Attack Wing Starter Set

Dragons dog fighting in the skies. What could go wrong?Seriously, this is a nice game. Taking the Flightpath basic system (Wings of war, X-Wing, and the immediate predecessor Star Trek: Attack Wing) and making it more interesting by adding a third dimension (in the form of ground and ground troops). This game emphasises scenarios, and gives us a lot of them.The packaging is discouraging, however. You cannot paint a dragon in solid metallic colour and expect it to look good, nor should you place it as the centre piece.The figures are fine - the red dragon is beautiful! - but may require a little touch up with a brush.

Diehard GameFAN

First Post
4 out of 5 rating for D&D Attack Wing Starter Set

Right now I’m really impressed by all you get in the D&D Starter Set for your hard earned disposable income, but I am wondering if the game is a bit too rules-heavy compared to other WizKids products.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases