D&D General DALL·E 3 does amazing D&D art

I've been following along the developments in AI-powered art with interest (though I wouldn't use such art for a commercial product). Bing has recently integrated DALL-E 3 into its image creator, so I did some experimenting to recreate images resembling the covers of the 5E PHB and DMG. The results were pretty good.

setting is an underground cavern with a fiery glow. in the background is a fierce giant with dark skin, white hair, white beard, fiery eyes, holding a scimitar. in the foreground, mighty elven mage leaps into the air as he casts a spell at the giant. high detail digital painting. dutch angle

1696106451886.jpeg

backdrop is a ruined underground temple. a terrible lich dominates the scene, screaming in anger, wielding a crooked skull-topped staff. a magic mist from his hand is disintegrating an armored fighter in the foreground. high definition digital painting. purple

1696106388399.jpeg

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
Was that the extent of the prompts to generate the art?! I haven't messed with AI art yet, but is pretty amazing if this is 100% AI generated. It doesn't have the tell-tale hand or teeth issues usually found in AI art. Scary good really.

Was that the extent of the prompts to generate the art?! I haven't messed with AI art yet, but is pretty amazing if this is 100% AI generated. It doesn't have the tell-tale hand or teeth issues usually found in AI art. Scary good really.
Those are the exact prompts I used. Microsoft gives everyone 100 credits per week free, so you can play with it easily

I'm only familiar with Stable Diffusion.

How many iterations did it take to developed those prompts? What did your first attempt look like? Did you feed previous iterations back into the generator?

Reynard

Legend
Is it okay if we turn this into a general AI art thread? because I used this prompt: exterior, snowy rocky landscape, beautiful female warrior is surprised when a giant skeleton armed with a huge battleaxe burst up from the frozen ground to try and recreate one of my favorite Dragon Mag covers and got this image.
surprise.jpg

And I legit LOL'ed

Remove ads