D&D General DALL·E 3 does amazing D&D art

FitzTheRuke

Legend
In another thread, we were discussing how AD&D 1e Wizards (Magic-Users) could roll their starting age as 24+2d8 (average 33) but were often depicted as this (I made a "traditional" Wizard, meant to be as generic as possible.):

1711304519228.png

Bio-Karbon

Nost Works
In another thread, we were discussing how AD&D 1e Wizards (Magic-Users) could roll their starting age as 24+2d8 (average 33) but were often depicted as this (I made a "traditional" Wizard, meant to be as generic as possible.):

View attachment 353568

I feel like when people think of "wizard" this is the first image that comes to mind. the oldest and wisest of them. I just did a rendition of a wizard recently and "A grizzled old wizard scribes a spell into his leather bound spell book" gave me this:

A grizzled old wizard scribes a new spell into his thick leather bound spellbook. He sits in a comfortable Victorian leather armchair inside...

I did ask for the armchair, the dragon, and apprentice as well but did not give much detail otherwise.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I hope that this isn't seen as an insult to the artist, which is something I would never want to do. I've found it fun to try to recreate classic D&D art using the AI (we've seen some in this thread) but I decided that I'd give a shot to recreating the new Silver Dragon Art by Campbell White.

View attachment 353818
View attachment 353819
How did you write the prompt? Came out pretty well.

They seem to be improving the algorithm for crowds...but way less detailed than the human made example.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
How did you write the prompt? Came out pretty well.

They seem to be improving the algorithm for crowds...but way less detailed than the human made example.

Here's my prompt: "High definition digital painting. A triumphant silver dragon standing on a stone pedestal in the midst of a crowd of worshipers. There is the high stone wall of a colosseum behind them and confetti flies all around. The dragon's scales reflect the light of the blue sky above as banners wave in the breeze."

I could have tried a different description to get some more details, but that was my first go at it, and it turned out not half bad!

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Here's my prompt: "High definition digital painting. A triumphant silver dragon standing on a stone pedestal in the midst of a crowd of worshipers. There is the high stone wall of a colosseum behind them and confetti flies all around. The dragon's scales reflect the light of the blue sky above as banners wave in the breeze."

I could have tried a different description to get some more details, but that was my first go at it, and it turned out not half bad!
Trying some similar things myself (though describing the scene very differently). It's actually really hard to get the AI to produce anything even remotely like the vast city-scape in the background. It keeps either making just hills, or vast flat city stretching into the distance.

ezo

I cast invisibility
Inspired by the wizard in the new PHB.

View attachment 353538
Better than the new PHB image IMO.

I hope that this isn't seen as an insult to the artist, which is something I would never want to do. I've found it fun to try to recreate classic D&D art using the AI (we've seen some in this thread) but I decided that I'd give a shot to recreating the new Silver Dragon Art by Campbell White.

View attachment 353818
View attachment 353819
Both of these are better than the new dragon image IMO. Nice work.

Here's another AI joke of mine from another thread. We were talking about D&D fashion and I had the JOKE idea of a Jane Fonda-style monk:

View attachment 353922
That's hilarious. I was playing around and for some English teachers I know, I had it create various authors as D&D characters. Ayn Rand as a fanatical desert seer, Hemingway as an old drunken sailor, Poe as a necromancer, etc. It was pretty funny.

Remove ads