DARK•HERITAGE -- 16 installments to date, updated April 20th

Quickbeam

Explorer
HalfOrc HalfBiscuit said:
You might like to know you've got another reader hooked.

I've spent far too much time over the couple of days reading this S/H instead of working ... but it's been worth it :D .

I love the "steampunk" feel of the world, and it's very well written too. Looking forward to more ...

Been there, done that myself...with this S/H and a few select others.
As a player in this game, I can tell you that the many of the encounters feel even more impressive than the description herein. Each of the players in this group is a DM with specific setting niches which are their specialty. JD happens to be extremely creative with campaigns that have a dark, gritty, swashbuckling feel to them.

Well, I'm entering a week of my boss on vacation, and not much in the way of assignments to keep me busy while he's gone. Might be a good opportunity to bang out an update or two.

The Axe said:
*poke poke*
Heh, heh. Believe it or not, a big part of the reason I haven't been motivated to update the thread is that my authorial energy has been directed towards composing a novel, of all things, set in a slightly modified version of this very setting.

Ever since I was a kid, I've had the nebulous goal of writing a novel, and in recent months, I've finally started to get somewhat serious about it. I'm finding it much easier, for some reason, to put that together coherently than this story hour, where the dialogue doesn't seem to work for me, and the development of the plot seems forced and stilted. I don't know why that is, but I'm finding it much easier to write in one form than the other.

Still, I don't want to leave this story-hour hanging forever; at some point I'll go back and update, even if it's just in a much more abbreviated form.

The Axe

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Heh, heh. Believe it or not, a big part of the reason I haven't been motivated to update the thread is that my authorial energy has been directed towards composing a novel, of all things, set in a slightly modified version of this very setting.

*snip*

Cool! Keep us posted, eh (esp. in the event of publication...)

Well, better late than never. Here's some of the digital pictures I promised of the rat ogre I used. Lighting kinda sucks, but there you have it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Remove ads