Dark Days in Sion - Act 2: Scene 3

narayan

Explorer
Svexyn

Your wisdom check is good enough to guess the mule is healthy. The beast does not lack for strength and nervous energy as it nips at your fingers and kicks at the stall. A few minutes later Tamas re-emerges from the storeroom with a hand cart loaded with supplies.

Tamas: "Here are the goods you asked for. A shovel for 3gp, three tents for 36gp, a whistle for 1sp and a roll of hemp rope for 2gp. If you fancy the mule it's 12gp, a bit & bridle is 3gp & saddle bags are 5gp for a grand total of 59gp and 1sp. Examine the items if you want, I assure you they do not lack for quality." He says matter-of-factly.

None of the stable-boys are Quresh. In fact you have not seen a Quresh younger than you here, including Tylia.

[Svexyn: What do you do? Attempting to ascertain the quality of the goods requires an Appraise check. Attempting to barter with Tamas is a Diplomacy check.]

narayan

Explorer
Burrai, Uthal

Uthal: Shrugs. "Kadars opinion of you has always been... complicated. There's no way of knowing his mind in this matter. I expect establishing a rapport with him first will help, but as you say, time is precious. Should he refuse you in any case, I'll be sure to break-wind in his presence as often as I can get away with."

[Burrai: What do you do?]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Svexyn, Mogan and Folg

Tamas: "Here are the goods you asked for. A shovel for 3gp, three tents for 36gp, a whistle for 1sp and a roll of hemp rope for 2gp. If you fancy the mule it's 12gp, a bit & bridle is 3gp & saddle bags are 5gp for a grand total of 59gp and 1sp. Examine the items if you want, I assure you they do not lack for quality."

Svexyn:

"59gp is a bit more than I can pay. Remove one of the tents, as I think I can make do with just the two."

Inspecting the shovel, he turns the shovel to inspect the blade, noting the quality. "You are right, even the shovel doesn't lack for quality."

Glancing back at the mule, he asks, "Does the mule have a name it answers to? Seems to be of good stock, so I'll take it and the gear to go with it. And some feed along with some water bags. A weeks worth of feed should do it."

He counts it out in his head, before answering, "That should bring it to 48gp and 1sp, plus whatever you are charging for feed and water bags."

Noticing the guard near the room with the well, he adds, "Is the water from the well only for paying customers? Or are patrons able to refill their waterskins as needed?"

narayan

Explorer
Svexyn

Tamas: "Feed for a week will be 5sp. I gave the name 'Meynan' to the mule. It means, spirited, in Quresh. Our water is not free sir." He says apologetically. "Refilling a waterskin is 5cp. Refilling a small barrel is 1sp. New waterskins are 2gp each, or 4gp for a small barrel that contains five gallons. Anything you need filled with water you ask the stableboy to fill for you, it is forbidden for guests to go near the well." He says with a serious tone.

[Svexyn: What do you do? Once you've decided what exactly your buying you can declare it in your next post and subtract the coin from your sheet. Tamas will help you load your supplies on the mule if you wish (but he'll expect a tip) or the stableboy can lead the mule to your camp for you while you haul the supplies over with the hand cart. (The boy will return the hand cart to the barn after the fact, but he will also expect a tip) If you wish to leave the mule in the stall for the time being, there will be a fee of 1sp minimum per day.]

narayan

Explorer
Alic, Bax, Kryslogious, Malic, Ordechai, Wrenwil

Meanwhile Ordechai is still arguing with the dwarves...

Ordechai: Hmmphs "So be it, but I'll be damned if I'll die tonight before I get drunk!" He says stomping back over to his fire muttering under his breath. Bax trails his heels giving dirty looks to the dwarves over his shoulder.

Once he's back in his camp Ordechai pauses to lean down on one knee and throw off the blanket covering the masterwork heavy crossbow. The weapon is beautifully made with an ironwood stock and adjustable sights (Provides a +2 attack bonus for aim instead of a +1 when you spend a round aiming in advance)(It is still not fully assembled, DC 12 Craft Weapons check to do so while uncovered)

Ordechai: "Kryslogious, I may not agree that fighting the Vul was necessary, but once you committed to that battle you kept it on the ground and ended it quickly. I've never heard of a Vul defeated in single combat like that before, you fought well! Please accept this crossbow with my thanks."

Ordechai than bee-lines for his pile of goods and rummages through it for a jug that he carries to a crate by the fire.

Ordechai: "Barossan Rum!" He says lifting the jug up with pleasure to pull the cork with his teeth. "...I was saving this for a special occasion, but since my captors refuse to heed good advice I might as well enjoy it while I still can. Death from above will probably be swift at least..." He says rolling his eyes up to glance into the sky once again before he sits on the crate.

As either of you start to speak Ordechai holds up his hand preemptively. "Don't even bother saying we should move camp. I'm at my wits end and will not budge!" He says taking a deep drought from the jug, letting the sweet alcohol drip down his beard followed quickly with a smile."No wonder sailors love this stuff, it warms you just as good as a campfire does!" He says rubbing his midsection with delight, glancing back at your faces with a smirk. "It's hard enough for an exhausted, embittered, one-handed half-dwarf to offload his hogs as it is... asking me to do it all over again twice in one night is too much. I'm staying put ...come what may."

[Kryslogious, Wrenwill: What do you do?]

narayan

Explorer
End of Scene 3

<End of Scene 3>

Experience Award Time

Main Group_________________________________________

PC's
Kryslogious - 1000 xp + 500 bonus roleplaying xp +2 Fate Points
Wrenwil - 750 xp + 750 bonus roleplaying xp +2 Fate Points

NPC's
Alic - 500 xp
Bax - 500 xp
Malic - 500 xp
Ordechai - 500 xp

Underdark Group____________________________________

PC's
Ersun - 1000 xp + 500 bonus roleplaying xp + 2 Fate Points

NPC's
Ania - 500 xp

Other Group________________________________________

PC's
Billanverthorne - 750 xp + 1000 bonus roleplaying xp + 2 Fate Points
Burrai Steelborn - 500 xp + 750 bonus roleplaying xp + 1 Fate Point
Svexyn - 750 xp + 750 bonus roleplaying xp + 1 Fate Point

NPC's
Avar - 500xp
Elloral -500xp
Folg - 500xp
Jabbar -500xp
Mogan - 500xp

Part 2: Act 1, Scene 4 can be found here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...on-Part-2-Act-1-Scene-4&p=6740821#post6740821

Please adjust your sheets for xp and fate points and post your next actions in the new thread.

Long Live Sion!

Last edited:

Remove ads