Dead In Thay

Voort

Explorer
2 out of 5 rating for Dead In Thay

The best part of the Doomvault is it's map. The thing is huge, detailed, ...and doesn't come with this adventure except as a one-page illustration. The story itself is one huge grind through a dungeon designed for 20+ players at multiple tables, with multiple DMs coordinating over many sessions. Is that what you are looking for? If so, then this and Vault of the Dracolich may be the only options for you. For everyone else, save your money.

jadrax

Adventurer
3 out of 5 rating for Dead In Thay

This truly massive dungeon crawl was designed to be attempted by several groups at once and uses the 'D&D Next' ruleset used during the playtest process for 5e. While the Dungeon is interesting, I feel few people will really want a large dungeon crawl that can be attempted by several groups using an effectively dead ruleset.

Netherstorm

First Post
4 out of 5 rating for Dead In Thay

My group and I thoroughly enjoyed Dead in Thay. It's a mega-dungeon originally meant to be run by a bunch of groups at the same time. That is easily fixed. The opening scenario is great and the dungeon is awesome. I liked the ending scenario set-up but the actual monster didn't work well as written. DMs should want this book because basically it has ten or so dungeons for you to steal for your own campaign. The Doomvault is broken up into themed sections, making them very easy to drop in whatever scenario you are running. Many of the rooms and encounters are inspired, and the map is utterly fantastic.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
4 out of 5 rating for Dead In Thay

Like others have mentioned, generic setting with monster stats for what ever edition you are playing available on line. I enjoyed it as I've always liked the Red Wizards as antagonist.

Remove ads