D&D 5E DMGuild: Adversaries & Allies: over 50 new NPCs for 5e

ProgBard

First Post
Thanks for the positive review and the feedback, [MENTION=6787650]Hemlock[/MENTION]. I'm glad you find it an overall good product.

In re. the items on your wishlist, I have to confess that I made a deliberate choice to go no deeper than the MM does with these, both so that the flavor is (relatively) seamless and because I like having these characters be more or less generic blank slates; I don't want to make too many assumptions about the nature of the reader's campaign world or the ways these might fit into it, in part because those are things that are mild irritants to me when I encounter them in a supposedly setting-agnostic product. But what you're describing sounds like an intriguing idea for a companion volume. Should you or anyone else be inspired to take up such a project, the nice thing about this being a DMGuild item is that it's all open to you to reuse and remix how you like, and I for one would welcome such a treatment of my content!

Thanks for the positive review and the feedback, [MENTION=6787650]Hemlock[/MENTION]. I'm glad you find it an overall good product.

In re. the items on your wishlist, I have to confess that I made a deliberate choice to go no deeper than the MM does with these, both so that the flavor is (relatively) seamless and because I like having these characters be more or less generic blank slates; I don't want to make too many assumptions about the nature of the reader's campaign world or the ways these might fit into it, in part because those are things that are mild irritants to me when I encounter them in a supposedly setting-agnostic product. But what you're describing sounds like an intriguing idea for a companion volume. Should you or anyone else be inspired to take up such a project, the nice thing about this being a DMGuild item is that it's all open to you to reuse and remix how you like, and I for one would welcome such a treatment of my content!

I'm actually not so sure about the bolded statement from a legal/copyright/licensing perspective. If I, for example, took a DMs' Guild adventure with an NPC named Rangar in it and wrote my own extension of it ("Fifty Things You'll Find In Rangar's Pockets"), would I have the right to publish my writings? My instincts say "Probably not." So anyone who wants to build on your material would probably need to get permission from you personally--exactly as I would have to do if it weren't on DMs' Guild.

ProgBard

First Post
That's how I understand it. From the Community Content Agreement:

(c) “User Generated Content” shall be defined as the copyrightable elements included in your Work, such as original characters, scenes, locations and events. Per the terms of this Agreement, you expressly agree that your User Generated Content, once submitted to the Program will become Program IP and useable by other members of the Program as well as the Owner as described in this Agreement.

BMaC

Adventurer
Progbard's spot on. That's what makes Adversaries and Allies such a useful resource if you plan on publishing your material to the DM Guild (although it's great if even if you don't plan on publishing!). You can use any of these NPCs in your DM Guild title. Very handy.

Last edited:

Remove ads