• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD for Gamecube march 2003

Wee Jas

First Post
GAMECUBE GAMECUBE GAMECUBE GAMECUBE

http://www.nintendo.com/games/gamepage/gamepage_main.jsp?gameId=1215

Infogrames promises to retain the spirit of the beloved tabletop strategy game in Dungeons & Dragons Heroes.

Anticipated features for the game include the ability to play as one of four distinct hero characters drawn from the main Dungeons & Dragons character classes of Fighter, Wizard, Cleric and Rogue. Each controllable character will have 40-plus combat moves and unique special abilities.

Dungeons & Dragon Heroes will also boast authentic Dungeons & Dragons Monsters, many drawn directly from the third edition of Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual; a Skills, Feats and Character Building system inspired by the third edition of the Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook; highly interactive environments ranging from a working forge to a castle magically suspended in the sky; and visually dazzling spell and magical effects

In keeping with Dungeons & Dragons tradition, as many as four players can quest simultaneously. Leading the design team is Brenda Brathwaite, who most recently worked on the critically acclaimed Wizardry 8.

Mar, 2003

Jeremy

Explorer
Isn't that the same game that was advertised in the Neverwinter Nights manual when it was released way back when? Little Final Fight/Golden Axe type side scrolling hack and slash game?

haiiro

First Post
Wee Jas said:

God I hope so. Am I the only person who absolutely LOVED the side scrolling dnD arcade game?!

I loved that game. Wizards were like ammunition clips: out of spells? Just die, pop in two more quarters, and return with a full complement. :D

Edit: spelling.

Last edited:

Ristamar

Adventurer
Let me preface this by saying that the Tower of Doom and Shadow Over Mystara coin-op games rocked. If you've never played them, I recommend downloading a MAME emulator and the ROMs, as they aren't very hard to find.

That being said, D&D Heroes will be nothing like those games. It utilizes an isometric top-down view akin to Gauntlet and Diablo, will feature a mix of gameplay elements from each series, and be based off of the 3rd Edition rules set.

Judging from the previews, the game is trying to breath some freshness into a genre typically perceived as simplistic hack'n'slash multiplayer button mashers by adding a D&D twist.

D&D Heroes will also be available on the PS2 and XBOX.

Impressions can be found in a preview of the XBOX version at RPGplanet.

For a few screenshots, a movie, and more general info, check out the D&D Heroes website at http://dungeonsanddragonsheroes.com.

Last edited:

Welverin

First Post
Ristamar said:
Let me preface this by saying that the Tower of Doom and Shadow Over Mystara coin-op games rocked. If you've never played them, I recommend downloading a MAME emulator and the ROMs, as they aren't very hard to find.

I liked it enough to buy the saturn version off of ebay, the rampant use of japanese is problematic however.

That being said, D&D Heroes will be nothing like those games. It utilizes an isometric top-down view akin to Gauntlet and Diablo, will feature a mix of gameplay elements from each series, and be based off of the 3rd Edition rules set.

Judging from the previews, the game is trying to breath some freshness into a genre typically perceived as simplistic hack'n'slash multiplayer button mashers by adding a D&D twist.

Kind of like BG Dark Alliance, right? Finally got to play that, fun!

Shapermc

First Post
Ristamar said:
I think that Capcom should relese these for the Next-Gen systems like the Sonic Mega Collection for GameCube from Sega. They should release it for like $25 (since all the programing is done already except for a front end) and make some mucho mucho denero. That is just my $0.02

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I so agree here. I love "classic" game compilations released in one big bundle (that Sonic Mega Collection is so mine). We should definately see older games re-released thematically like that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads