D&D 5E Dragonix's Deadly Denizens has been unleashed at DriveThruRPG!

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
DDD September 2023 Issue Art Preview #4: This new art preview is an accursed creature from Japanese folklore. The ushi-oni resembles a six-legged giant spider with the head of a four-eyed ox! It has a pair of appendages near its mouth called chelicerae, which stab and deliver venom to its prey. The ushi-oni dwells in gloomy forests and is a malevolent and sadistic killer that preys on humanoids. It spits venomous webbing and its gaze can cause an overwhelming sense of dread. The ushi-oni particularly enjoys stalking and tormenting its victims before killing them.

Ushi-Oni.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
DDD September 2023 Issue Art Preview #5: The Ajatar (Legendary Exclusive).

I mentioned a couple of months back that due to my inability to find a new 3D model artist, I'll now add one additional creature to the Legendary Tier reward. For this month, it's the terrifying Ajatar. Another creature from Scandinavian folklore, the Ajatar is also called the "Devil of the Woods." She is a loathsome monstrosity that resembles a cross between a hag and a green dragon. The avatar can secrete deadly toxins and her gaze can curse a person with a debilitating and wasting disease.

FYI, the September issue will be released in the 2nd week of September.

Ajatar.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
DDD September 2023 Issue Art Preview #6: Likely the last art preview for the September issue I'll be sharing, the Aquelous is a shapeshifting fey that protects the forest's rivers and lakes. The Aquelous can transform into a bull or an eel, but each form will always have its natural head. Its more powerful kind has the Cornucopia ability, which is nearly identical to a 6th-level cleric spell.

Aquelous.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
In the upcoming October issue, prepare for a Halloween Horror extravaganza! The first art preview introduces my rendition of the Strigoi, which draws inspiration from the Strigoi Mort of Romanian folklore. This undead creature masquerades as a living humanoid. But when it is time to hunt, it transforms into a feral form with bat-like wings. Just like a vampire, it is hypersensitive to sunlight and feeds on living blood. However, it does not share the vampire's weaknesses. The strigoi can turn invisible at will and, true to its name, unleash a high-pitched shriek that can stun those caught in the blast.

Strigoi.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
October Issue Art Preview #2. It's time for another Quasi-Elemental, and it's one that fits the October Halloween theme: the Shadow Elemental! Helpful when you're tired of using shadows when you need a shadow-type creature that isn't undead. Or if you just want to take advantage of your players' meta expectations.

Shadow Elemental.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Dragonix's Deadly Denizens October Issue Art Preview #4: The Halloween October Previews continue with a sinister creature from Victorian English folklore that menaced urban communities. This fiend has uncanny leaping abilities, enabling it to stalk its prey by traversing from crenellations, parapets, and rooftops. The spring-heeled jack would torment its victims like a cat toying with its prey, while hurling insults and jeers. Its mere appearance can paralyze victims with fear. It kills mostly with its long, metallic claws but it can also breathe a cone of bluish fire.

Spring-heeled Jack.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
October Issue Art Preview #5. Here's a special group art of three creatures with the Ghoul template: an owlbear, an adult green dragon, and an ettin. In a preview a week ago, I mentioned that there would be a Ghoul template and a Ghast sub-template. There will be 3 of each in the Boss issue. Oh, and the Legendary issue will have one extra Ghoul statblock, aside from its additional 7th creature.

Ghoulish Template 2.png

Remove ads