D&D 5E Dragonix's Deadly Denizens has been unleashed at DriveThruRPG!

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
December Issue Art Preview #5. In Volume I, we had the fiendish metallic dragons. In Volume II, we'll be rounding out the fiendish chromatic dragons. Naturally, the Abyssal White Dragon will be the first to appear in the upcoming Winter Special issue!

Abyssal White Dragon.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
I've had this cover done last year but held off using it. I've shared it before which is why it may look familiar to some of you. With the abyssal white dragon now part of Volume II, I finally decided to make it the cover of Deadly Denizens Volume II!

Artwork by the amazing Joshua Raphael and Wilson Nugraha!

Volume II will become available in 3rd quarter of 2024!

Cover_Dragonix Deadly Denizens_Volume_II_v1.01.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
December Issue Art Preview #6. The December release is creeping closer, and with it comes something chilling - the Rime Wraith! Beware its dreadful aura, those who succumb to it become vulnerable to cold!

Rime Wraith.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Here's the final art preview of the December issue, which is a Cryo Basilisk. If you're wondering why it's another cryo creature, it's because the last set of stat blocks will be another set of cryo creatures. You'll be getting a total of 6 cryo creature stat blocks!

Oh, in case you are wondering, the cryo basilisk's gaze turns creatures into ice instead of stone.

The December Winter Special issue should come out any day now.

Cryo Basilisk.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Dragonix's Deadly Denizens Volume II January Issue Art Preview #1. These Norse undead finally make an appearance. I wanted the Draugr to be part of the December "Winter Special" Issue, but there already was an undead (rime wraith). So it will instead be part of the January "Holdovers" issue. Yes, a couple more 'Winter-themed' creatures will be in January.

Draugr.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Dragonix's Deadly Denizens Volume II January Issue Art Preview #2. The dreaded abyssal black dragon is the next fiendish dragon to join Volume II's bestiary! Notice anything about its features? ;)

Abyssal Black Dragon.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
With the uptick in social media about AI art recently, you might be wondering if I also use AI.
I do... but only for background/layout art when I need them as filler.

All creature and cover art pieces (including the ones in all my Monster Manual Expanded and Talents books) are 100% done by Medium Humanoid artists.

Below are the credits for Deadly Denizens Volume I.

1703012382308.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
January Legendary Issue Art Preview #3. It's the Grinch Lindwyrm attacking three wise adventurers!!!

Kidding aside, the Green Lindwyrm is the exclusive creature from the Legendary Tier of the upcoming January issue of Deadly Denizens!

Happy Holidays!

Green Lindwyrm.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Dragonix's Deadly Denizens Volume II January Art Preview #4. A few stone golem variants are stomping their way into the January Issue, and one of them is the oni version. I was planning on saving the stone golem oni for a later issue, but it was only fitting to use it now because of where I currently am. I've taken a family vacation in Sapporo, Japan, and will be spending the next few weeks here. We've been to Japan a few times now, but this marks our first Winter experience (again fitting the ongoing theme). I've always wanted to make an oni stone golem ever since I stood in front of that great oni statue at Tōdai-ji Temple (Nara) and then again before another oni statue at Sensō-ji Temple (Asakusa). And yes, that oni stone golem breathes out a cone of cold!

Oni Stone Golem.png

Last edited:

Remove ads