Dungeon/Dragon Submissions This Window

Pour

First Post
So the latest submissions window closed last night, May 31st, and I was curious if anyone submitted 4e or 5e or system neutral or, heck, even 1e or 2e ideas (especially given a new 1e adventure with 4e conversions is being printed in next month's Dungeon as an add-on to the A series). Obviously, don't give specifics for the sake of your pitches.

I submitted one for Dragon and six for Dungeon, half of which are long shot Epic proposals. I just feel there actually is a demand out there for Epic content and thar the final tier deserves more adventure support. As of last year's submissions, I believe the notion was contrary to the designers' feelings, so I don't hold out much hope. Hey, at least I tried. There is a level 21-23 Epic adventure next month, though, involving a pharaoh's crawling pyramid which sounds pretty cool, so who knows.

Part of me feels you could have pitched anything and been given consideration.

Quickleaf

Legend
I like how last submission window Chris Perkins got really specific about what the e-magazine staff were looking for. That makes it a bit easier for new talent to aim.

Will Doyle

Explorer
I pitched adventures for both 4E and D&D Next.

They're definitely showing better support for Epic at the moment. I wrote the Rolling Tomb in this month's issue, and there was the Graz'zt adventure a couple of months back.

Pour

First Post
I pitched adventures for both 4E and D&D Next.

They're definitely showing better support for Epic at the moment. I wrote the Rolling Tomb in this month's issue, and there was the Graz'zt adventure a couple of months back.

Then I have you to thank, in part, for the Epic support. So thank you!

As an aside, wouldn't it be awesome if every month's Dungeon had a Heroic, Paragon, and Epic offering to cover the breadth of the edition at this juncture?

Will Doyle

Explorer
As an aside, wouldn't it be awesome if every month's Dungeon had a Heroic, Paragon, and Epic offering to cover the breadth of the edition at this juncture?

The problem with that, I guess, is that it may lead to them pushing through lower-quality adventures just to hit the quota. Plus I'm guessing they get more way more Heroic tier submissions than Epic.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
I pitched a location and player options for Gamma World. Less than 12 hours later I got a cordial response noting that while they liked the idea they aren't looking for Gamma World material. I knew it was a really long shot but I'm glad I tried anyway!

Remove ads