Dungeon World and Social Conflict

I was also thinking the tags as described reminded me of aspects.
Thhat said, there is truly a germ of a good idea that melds the best of DW/PbtA with the best of Fate.

If you're not familiar with Strike (!), check it out. Its basically a D&D 4e, Mouse Guard, PBtA mash-up with some Fate tech.

Its a fantastic game.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
If you're not familiar with Strike (!), check it out. Its basically a D&D 4e, Mouse Guard, PBtA mash-up with some Fate tech.

Its a fantastic game.

huh. Well I like 3 of those four games, and Mouse Guard is sitting here on my to read pile. Guess I’m adding Strike(!) to said pile. Thanks for the tip!

I was also thinking the tags as described reminded me of aspects.
Thhat said, there is truly a germ of a good idea that melds the best of DW/PbtA with the best of Fate.
Well, there are a lot of process differences between PbtA and FATE games. I think that is what @Manbearcat is getting at, in essence. As far as his question goes, I think that social tags would be the same as equipment tags, or any other tag on the PC side. They would provide some sort of enhancement or impairment of the results of making a move. I would look at these things as filling a niche somewhat similar to skills in 4e, so 'Observant' might be roughly similar to having proficiency in the Perception skill in 4e, and it would produce some sort of benefit when you used DR (these can also be situational of course, and most probably are, so 'Personable' might only give a benefit when using Consort, and maybe only in a specific way).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases