Durn's War of Fire and Ice Campaign Discussion

Daern

Explorer
A Belated Final Wrap-up

This happened a few months ago, but just for the sake of posterity, here's a final report, from hour final climactic session!

In a nutshell, the Brotherhood of Mercy braced the Trillith that animated the skeletal remains of the Dreaming Dragon in a cavern far beneath the world's largest mountain, while undead dragons flew about. They slew the mighty beast through the swordmage's gambit of leaping up to grasp the Torch that flamed in the eye of raging beast, and thus, pulling the brand from its socket, he made use of the artifact to lay waste to the fragment of a dragon's dream.
The nightmare dissipated without a single hero dying for the cause!

Now that the Torch of the Burning Sky was in the hands of Heroes of the Realm rather than despots and dragons, we broke narrative and I explained the significance of the moment, telling them that now they should be able to win the war, or at least defeat the Ragasian invastion, finally asking the players to tell me how their characters ended up.

They responded eagerly. The halfling bard became King of Dassen. The dark elf swordmage sought to take the war into the Underdark to battle his brethren and Lolth. The Barbarian continued to bring the war to Ragasia, campaign step by step at the spear head of and Army of Liberation until he was at the very Gates of Ragos. The Wilden Druid, meanwhile returned to his feywild homeland, there to commune with the depths of nature.

It was a great campaign and I plan to continue the timeline in my next campaign. Perhaps the Fallen Kingdom is Ragos is now a Points of Light type place. Also, we plan on getting back together pretty soon to run an epic level one-shot with the same characters. I think they may finally battle Leska in her lair. (I might use the Winter Witch stats with some anti-magic effects)

All in all, thanks Enworld for a great set of adventures and all the community help! It was a ton of fun!

Daern

Explorer
Indeed, and as I have said on these forums many times, these forums were especially great for spitballing the campaign as it progressed. Cheers!

Remove ads