• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[E6] The Red Hand (IC I)

johnsemlak

First Post
Durn looks at the far norntern Hobgoblin (R4), points his finger and utters the arcane word Sagitto!. Two magic missiles fire from his hand.

OOC:
[sblock]I assume that hobgoblin R1 is asleep.

I empower the magic missiles. The two missiles to 7 damage (link-2d4+2) + 3 from empowerment = 10.[/sblock]

Eidalac

Explorer
Durn's arcane bolts slam into their target, negating the boon it gained from that potion, though the creature still remains standing.

At the same time, Zook continues to harass his hobgoblin, though he only manages to score a light blow on the creature this time around.

However, it seems the sounds of battle have attracted some very unwanted attention, as to the east a pair of large insectile creatures come into view on the road, looking something like large scorpions with an upright torso. In place of pincers, however, the creatures sport what looks like a coiled whip on each arm.

They skitter and shift about, waving a very large stinger above there heads.

Behind them, another pair of hobgoblins are partially visible, presumably handlers of some sort.

[sblock="OOC"]
R1 has a good 39 rounds of sleep left unless he is forcibly woken.

Oh, and the new arrivals show up on there initiative, so have already moved when they come into view (ie, they won't act on this round)[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnsemlak

First Post
On his turn Durn turns to the same hobgoblin and shouts--Fall, you maggot of the titans!. Two more arcane missiles fire from his hand. [sblock]The magic missiles to 8 points of damage total. link[/sblock]

Eidalac

Explorer
*yawn*

Shadow loosed another set of arrows, one going wide, but the other firmly nails the northern hobgoblin, who falls into the brush.

Gobstopper dashes north, up the bank and into the brush towards the remaining northern hobgoblin.

Zook suffers a blow from the nearby hobgoblin, though nothing serious, yet. Oddly, the creature doesn't even try to fall back, despite the fact that four of it's fellows are already dead.

Shadow, his intended target now down, moves south towards the engaged Zook.

Elgar finally puts an end to his opponent, removing the screaming creature's head with a messy spray.

Durn, in turn, looses his magic, turning at the last moment to lash at the hobgoblin fighting Zook.

Zook continues to slash, but only lands a light blow on his adversary.

[sblock="OOC"]
2 damage to R5
11 damage to R4; now dead.
Gobstoper -> I8
4 damage to Zook.
Shadow -> P11
R6 is now dead.
8 more damage to R5 (R4 is dead when your action comes up. Let me know if you'd have rather taken another target).
[/sblock]

Remove ads