Early WotC CR2 Expansion sales

Vpenman

First Post
Hi,

I need to find out how much WotC was charging for the Core Rules 2.0 Expansion product in 1999. I am only looking for direct sales by WotC to users.

That would be sales through the WotC online store, the Wizards of the Coast stores, the Game Keeper stores, or direct sales at conventions.

Again, this is for 1999 only. If anyone has any knowledge of this, particularly information that can be documented, it would really help me out.

You can e-mail me directly at vpenman@evermore88.com.

thanks,

Victor

Glyfair

Explorer
Maerdwyn said:
Well, I'll give it a shot. According to this site, which appears not to have been updated since before 3rd edition came out, the list price was $22.00

That won't help him. He's specifically looking for sales from WotC directly. 3rd parties aren't useful.

Yes, the fact that the question is being asked by them is certainly interesting.

I'm afraid I can help as I got mine through EB or eBay (it's been a while, so I'm not sure).

Glyfair of Glamis

MythosaAkira

Explorer
kreynolds said:

Well...DUH. ;)

I couldn't read your mind from your post; it sounded like you were asking if the poster wanted to compete with the Core Rules CD. Why would anyone want to do that? Don't know; don't care. :)

Exactly. Thus my initial post. :D Seems to me that perhaps Evermore might be interested in the "bang for your buck" of E-Tools vs. Core Rules 2.0.

If that's the case, I wouldn't think they'd be so specific as to ask about exactly what WotC charged in direct sales. The impression I had is that there may be some sort of dispute between the two concerning that.

That, of course, is mere speculation. Obviously, none of us in this thread outside of Vpenman knows the reason for the post.

EarthsShadow

First Post
I don't know if this will help, but I purchased it at a Waldenbooks for $29.95 in 1999 when it came out. I hope this will help you in comparison shopping. I know that Waldenbooks usually sold TSR/WotC books at their cost list.

Remove ads