D&D 5E Elven Race rewrite

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I think for races with innate spellcasting, there should be a choice of 3 or so cantrips/spells at each tier. So, at 1st level you can choose from 1 of 3 listed cantrips, at 3rd-level you can pick 1 of 3 listed 1st-level spells, and at 5th level you can pick 1 of 3 listed 2nd-level spells.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I wish when I'd been building my homebrew I had separated innate and learned traits.
I think cultural origin should grant weapons and skills, etc. Those don't belong in a racial group.

Chaosmancer

Legend
How do Shadar Kai Elves, Eladarin Elves, Sea Elves, and the new Pallid Elves fit into this?

Sea Elves? Not at all. Don't exist.

Pallid Elves? Have existed for all of 4 hours to my mind, have not considered them at all. Will probably not include them. They are decent, but I don't think the abilities really stood out to me for them.

Eladrin? These are fey, not elves. I haven't even decided if they are playable in this new world yet. No one has had any interest in them to date, except for me as Fey beings.

Shadar-Kai? I'm not sure. I actually could play with them as the elves left behind when the main race fought free and fled "The Nightmares" which hunted them. But, while I like the idea of the Shadar-Kai hunting the elves as creatures of nightmare, I also liked the Shadar-Kai as humans from the Shadowfell. I think I need to figure out a lot more of my overarching planar structure before I make a final decision on that point.

Either way, probably not a standard race option, since they are so far back in the depths of the world at this point.

Remove ads