End of Book 1

First, thanks for reminding me to put in a brief mention of Nathan and the Duchess in adventure nine, when the party ends up interacting with the Unseen Court.

Second, we don't really have anything planned for those two characters specifically. The consequences of the party's decisions manifest more in the form of how other NPCs and power groups react. If you want to do anything with Nathan or the Duchess, you've got pretty much free reign.

Third, what I always figured is that

a) if the Unseen Court got the duchess, they'd kill her as a message. If somehow the party convinced them to just take her captive and keep her alive, she'd end up a prisoner in the Dreaming, gathering followers to her side and eventually allying with a faction of the fey who are more militantly opposed to Risur's industry.

b) if they got Nathan they'd put him through a maddening Alice-in-Wonderland-esque bit of interrogation, and he'd come out the far side with a bit of Stokholm Syndrome, thinking the fey are awesome. They'd set him up with a telescope and let him examine the stars, but nevertheless keep him prisoner.

ediz

Explorer
Thanks RangerWicket!!!

I finally was able to convince IRL group to play ZG and my players love the setting big time. The regret I have was that I should have had a random encounter in the sewer system. My group sleight of handed Marseine a dagger/ a lock pick and a message to do a prison break when they heard cannon fire and well the negotiations went off pretty smoothly.

I wasn't sure if they would have iced Jierre when he got to the Dreaming because they seamed to hate Tieflings on principle but since he is the nephew of the Sovereign of Danor it seemed he would be a good hostage too.

On a side note, is the Sovereign like a Roman Consul or a modern Dictator? My group love the setting... You guys should do more adventures based here after ZG is finished... I want to see what Slate looks like and all of the other lands too...

Politically, Danor is a parliamentary democracy, but there has almost always been a Jierre as prime minister, with the title of Sovereign. The Jierre family's political goals are typically long-sighted, and they're clever enough to put moles in opposing factions; they try to keep the public and the political class satisfied, and even if they mess up they have managed to make the other side mess up even more.

Last edited:

Remove ads