[EOM] Additional Lists

Kannik

Hero
RuleMaster said:
Till when your revised lists will be finished? I looked into the easyprint version and the text is the same.

Also I wonder what the smiley }:) means...

Greetings all...

Alas I haven't had a chance to update it yet; I've been doing some editing/playtesting/reviewing for a game company recently and that has sucked back an amazing amount of time (mainly all of what time I can label as 'free' these days :p) so my other, personal RPG projects have languished on the back burner. There is probably about another month in the reviewing to be done, followed by a quick vacation--so I hope to start working on the update in May. }:/

Hehe... the } in my smiley, while I have seen it used as horns, in this case are the ear tufts of a lynx , per my avatar pic. };)

Kannik

Last edited:

r-kelleg

First Post
my comments

here are my comments on your work.

they are negatives and positives comments

- I don't really see the goal of the alter environnemnt.
Most of the effect described can be obtained with other spell list (evoke area or abjure...)

- Alter size. can be done with polymorph [creature] or polymorph [biomatter] (if we accept that living creatures are made of biomatter element). Anyway, the strengh bonus is far more too important in comparison with the PHB spell (enlarge) that limits the size to 150% of the original size and gives +1 STR bonus for every 20% (so you can get only +2)
here how I would have done this list
lvl size increase STR target duration
0 10% 0 perso 1r/lvl
1 10%/level (max40%) +1/20% 1 1min/lvl
2 10%/level (max60%) +1/20% 1 1min/lvl
3 10%/level (max100%) +1/20% 1 1min/lvl
4 10%/level (max40%) +1/20% 30'radius 1r/lvl
5 10%/level (max60%) +1/20% 30'radius 1r/lvl
6 10%/level (max100%) +1/20% 30'radius 1r/lvl
7 10%/level (max40%) +1/20% 30'radius 1min/lvl
8 10%/level (max60%) +1/20% 30'radius 1min/lvl
9 10%/level (max100%) +1/20% 30'radius 1min/lvl
this list should alos be used for "reduce"

- control gravity effect can be obtain with the infuse creature with air, sonnic and few others (fly, feather fall)

+ Dazzle sound good to me :D

- distotion . U shouldn't give a better bonnus than "blur" at the same lvl.

+ Element shield. A must. I would have increase the rresistance to opposite element. (something like elemental protection. i.e. some hitpoint/round with a maxium that can be absorbed). aout damage, if the weapon is metalic, heat and electricity damage can be conducted to their wielder even if she/she have a reach...

+ Hand magic. sounds good too.

+movment is a must aswell. but haste does not gives a bonus to reflex save. it gives a +4 Dodge ac bonus. and you might prepare for the 3.5version and says that it gives only one bonus attack (instead of one partial action)

+polychromatic is good too

+telekinesis is ok

- light and shadow can be done with infuse object with [element]

-silence can be done with abjure sonic ?

In conclusion. you have some very good ideas that need to be precised and, most of all, reduce in power

my 0.02 euro

Kannik

Hero
Heyo }:)

Alter Environment was an attempt to group together some minor spell effects that are (mostly) not covered by other lists right now. I included some overlap (such as shape stone/etc vs polymorph [element]) for completeness sake, as an alternative, to beef up the number of possible abilities in the list, etc. Of course, the reverse could be done -- take the things done in the alter environment and make it part of the polymorph [element[ lists. I think in the end I may not have looked to see exactly how much overlap there was -- I did not think it would be that horrible an issue, given that the other 'dedicated' lists were likely more powerful in some ways, while this gave a lot of nice little things that worked on a more base level interacting with the element. But I'm open to revisiting it. And I will. }:)

-Enlarge can be done with polymorph, but I believe the Enlarge/Reduce spell did more enlargement/reducing than could be done with polyorph, because of the more limited focus. I'll double check the strength, but I do believe I based it on the rules given in the Monster Manual for growth/size changes and increases of strength.

Control Gravity; again, could be covered by other spells, but this allows things such as reverse gravity, and affecting a large area rather than trying to infuse a bunch with air.

Distoriton - I believe I let it go a bit higher due to other spells influence/abiilities, plus the reduced duration, and for overall scaling. But I will give it another go, as looking at it again bothers me as well.

I'm not sure abjure sonic can work on a large area, though

Sorry for this quick response... I'm actually writing quickly so that I can eat and go game! }:> That's a valid excuse, right? }:>

Thanks for the comments! I've got lots to think about for v1.5...

Kannik

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases