D&D 4E Epic Paragon Powers

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I was ummm investigating Paragon Paths for the fighter and realized they seem a bit ... less awesome than those of some other classes. My favorite was my SwordMages omnipresent assault. It probably isnt even the most optimal path but man its badassery is obvious.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I mean the Polearm Master paragon path... has a level 20 attack that is Str vs AC 3W + str and still requires you to see enemies in the burst and no damage on a miss etc ... I mean its better than than a fireball ;) maybe

Well, I am far from being one of the charops guys who can tell you how to unleash the fully badassery of your fighter with a pole weapon, but I'm pretty sure there is a way...

This BTW is my main 4e complaint, seeing that way can be HARD and require a lot of mastery.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Well, I am far from being one of the charops guys who can tell you how to unleash the fully badassery of your fighter with a pole weapon, but I'm pretty sure there is a way...

This BTW is my main 4e complaint, seeing that way can be HARD and require a lot of mastery.
5e solved that by stripping almost every choice down to 1. Effectively you pick a build and that determines all your powers utility included and took away the feats that are tweaking.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Also while my sword mage does have to use powers that enable its omnipresent attack it also basically tells you that.

4e design seemed really reticent about enabling a 3.x style tactical-reach fighter build, presumably for fear it'd overlap too much into the controller role.
The original core 4e designers were very nervous about reach in general. I think their main concern was that it would be VERY easy and common for many combatants to have reach and it would turn the battlefield into a static slugfest.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Also while my sword mage does have to use powers that enable its omnipresent attack it also basically tells you that.
I think I must have found the most situationally awesome power at level 20 of the entire batch not many people are needing to run up on a hill and and deliver a basica attack against a huge numbers of enemy ... if it was a wargame it would be an insane power but in typical adventures not so much.

Remove ads