Escape from Hell! (Warchanter build)

Percivellian

First Post
Hello and Season's greetings to all,

Every Christmas our old group gets together and runs a 2-3 session game. Last year we chased a demon lieutenant into hell to prevent his demon lord from travelling through to the Material and were all trapped in the other dimension when the deed was done (our wizard is a warmage, no transportation spells!). We ended sailing up a River of blood looking onward into our no doubt dark and painful futures.

This year, we make our escape. We've been there a year now, game time, and now we'll be starting at 15th level. I've chosen to spin my militant bard from last year into a Warchanter (Ftr 4/Brd 1/Warchanter 10). What I would like is to pick your brains on feats and magic items that are likely to be useful for a Warchanter who happens to be fleeing the clutches of a hell dimension with his friends.

Combat Expertise and Weapon Focus (Heavy Repeating Crossbow), [and therefore Exotic Proficiency HRXBow], are the feats which I have to take to qualify for Warchanter but there are still 7 feats to fill (human, 4 Ftr lvls, 15th levels overall). In terms of magic items, I already have a Living Breastplate (Eberron CS) variant worked out, but am otherwise undecided on just what kind of gear I'll be needing. I'm thinking something to counter silence effects is in order, and obviously some Holy aresenault, but I'm wondering if there'd be anything else that should be considered. The core books, Complete books, FR and Eberron books, and commonly used splat books like Song and Silence are all open.
Thanks for your help,

Percivellan

Remove ads