Evil castle floorplan needed

RiggsWolfe

First Post
My players are going on a mission to rescue some NPCs and such from a group of undead holed up in the ruins of a fortress/castle. I've been scouring the web looking for a map of such a place but haven't found anything.

The big thing I want is an open area, preferably underground to be used as a sort of gathering place for the undead during rituals. I envision it with balconies the heroes could end up at, overlooking the proceedings.

anyone ever see a floorplan that fits this?

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
Online resource:

"Castle Floorplans" from Dark Furies, available for $5 as a downloadable pdf file from http://www.rpgnow.com

Here are some non-online suggestions for evil castle maps that my group likews to use and reuse throughout the years because they are just so damn cool to look at:

Prospero Palace from Ravenloft: Masque of the Red Death box set. This is a massive, sprawling palace that is gorgeously mapped. Possibly the largest one ever designed. Perfect for an Imperial Palace of a great empire. The adventure that goes with it is uber-lame, but the map completely rocks and screams out, "use me!" If this map were a girl, I'd marry it! :D

Ravenloft Castle from the 1e module Ravenloft. Gorgeous, 3-D map of a "Castle Dracula," set on a Transylvanian mountaintop. Complete with crypts, dungeons, traps and all manner of ghoulish fun.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
THE EVIL CASTLE FLOORPLAN!

Just when you thought it was safe to become a carpenter...it comes. Emerging from the deep darkness, unrolling with wicked intent, the evil floorplan desires nothing less than world domination. It's wicked, papery texture crinkling with pure EVIL, it gets enemies to do it's bidding by means of a sophisticated enchantment that causes them to *want* to build it. In the end, the castle erected, while perhaps not looking particularly wicked itself, will be made with the unholy knowledge contained within the evil castle floorplan!

CRINGE at the 1"=5' scale!

SCREAM at the paper cuts it's thirst for blood demands!

WITNESS the corinthian columns!

Can it's evil ever be stopped? Will it never end? What brave heroes can destroy the reign of terror this floorplan has created?

Perhaps all we can do is run....

THE EVIL CASTLE FLOORPLAN...The Blueprints from Hell.

....and on a serious note, I'm afraid I can't help you. I'd arrange it like a god's symbol with tunnels, perhaps locating the main chamber at the center, with balconies overlooking it, maybe...

LostSoul

Adventurer
Do you really need a map?

Why not "map out" the important areas - those ones that might be used for tactical combat - and create the rest of the castle as a vague flowchart.

The gate leads to the inner courtyard. From the inner courtyard you can access the north and west towers, as well as the keep. From the keep you can get access to the kitchen, the blah blah blah blah blah... see my point?

If you do this, all you have to do is pull down a historic floorplan of a real castle, then map out the crunchy bits on a small tactical scale.

Remove ads