• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

From Scott Mathews of Fluid

EricNoah

Adventurer
I got an e-mail from Eric (fluid's Eric) today asking my opinion on some new feature for eTools (free text areas in the Character Editor, yay!), so I know someone's out there working on it right now. Also check out the main www.fluidnet.com page, they're announcing a beta for some kind of free Pocket PC app that works with eTools. Again, signs of life.

Nathanael

First Post
It would be a better idea if they did it for the Palm OS owners. There are a lot more of us as Pocket PC is a wee bit on the expensive side. $450+ vs. $150.

That is a good idea, though. ETools would be much more useful if I could download the files to my Palm Pilot. there was supposed to be something similar for PCGen, but the developer has yet to get it working correctly.

But in the meantime, I would like to see the programme fully implement ALL of the core rules (including easy and complete Class input) and for them to start on the supplemental material including Psionics, Oriental Adventures and the Class books. That will get me to buy the programme long before any Palm feature will...

Fast Learner

First Post
Nathanael said:
It would be a better idea if they did it for the Palm OS owners. There are a lot more of us as Pocket PC is a wee bit on the expensive side. $450+ vs. $150.

Perhaps, but PocketPC is way easier to program for, especially if you're already a Windows programmer. Many chunks of existing code (if required) could be used with comparitively minor modifications.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
KEWL!

Just when i was starting to give up on PCGen Scry. You would be suprised how many people have pocket pcs these days (a lot of the older models are exchaging hands for a lot less, secondhand). I'll send them an email to try and jon the beta, thanks eric!

Remove ads