Frozen Whispers (adventure)

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
"With hindsight, wisdom is always easy. We showed what mercy we could, and that's all we could have done." Hardin sighs deeply. "I say we head back to Elwin."

Galieo

First Post
Eolan bows to the wisdom of the others, adding, "There is little need to visit the priests, now. I agree, let us turn and venture back to the good wizard."

Considering the other words spoken the knight says, "We have fought and killed together when our adversaries were standing, bravely tackling whatever task may be before us. But to give succor to the pitiful, to me, that is brave and right as well. Let us not worry about what might have been for that poor thief."

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
After Keller’s transformation, the party decides to head back to Allthrop. Understandably, they travel quickly through the Timberway Forest, wishing to spend no more time under its eerie eaves than necessary. Accordingly, they make it out of the strange place in six days. During the journey, they never see Keller again. But they do hear his haunting cries from high in the sky on several cold nights.

Back amongst the deciduous trees in the hinterlands north of Allthrop, the party begins to feel more at ease. The bare branches cut a spidery silhouette against the bright winter sky, and all seems at peace. To their delight, they begin to pass travelers on the road again, and eventually carts filled with hay or milk jugs. Small farms dot the countryside here, the smoke rising from their stone chimneys promising the warmth of home.

Finally, the party arrives back in Allthrop. Before even finding a place to wash up and get a good meal, they head to Elwin’s emporium. When the blue-robed mage sees you walk in the door, his eyes light up behind their silver-rimmed spectacles. He rushes to greet you as old friends.

“Oh wonderful! Wonderful! You’re back!” he cries. “Tell me everything!” And you do.

After hearing your story, the wizard is very proud of you, though somewhat saddened at Keller’s fate. “Well, I’m glad that the magic items from the Emporium came in handy. And I’m glad to see my old ring—your ring now, may you use it well.”

Elwin is amazed at the story of your encounter with the priests in Tasper. Although he has heard of the town, he has never visited, and was completely unaware of their strange ways. He also grills you about any information you might be able to offer regarding the red caps and the terrible boneclaw.

After several hours of telling your tale, you decide to make your way to the inn you stayed in the last time you were in Allthrop. As you go, the mage bids you fairwell, “Until we meet again, friends!”

The End

Remove ads