Fullblade

Felix

Explorer
escaflone777 said:
our group has campaign commitment issues.
I believe the make-up of your group and the personalities within have more to do with the problem than whether you have accurate-looking avatars.

Tell us about your group; how old are you; how long have each of you been gaming; how do you know each other; where do you game. That way we might be able to help with the real problem instead of giving advice on a method that seems to be aimed at curing the symptoms.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
frankthedm said:
lzybusterwh0.png
What the heck miniature is that and who sells it?

escaflowne777

First Post
I found this that some guy made, and couldn't help but notice that it looks just like that stick you carved
Fullblade.jpg

As for our situation, I don't really see why it matters, but I guess it can't hurt. We are all roughly seventeen, We've all been gaming since we were about twelve, except for I and another member of our party who have been gaming since we were about seven, if you can even call that gaming. Unsurprisingly, Him and I are usually the only ones fully interested in role playing, everyone else usually on the power gaming platform. Ironic, I know, sized up fullblade not power gaming how? you might ask. Fortunately, Anaar, does indeed have an extensive back-story and only uses his spine breaker in times of great need, and he is a strong believer in the church of pelor. He's kind of the embodiment of the struggles between chaos and order. Being very chaotic by nature, but then spending hours and money apologizing for his loss of control.
At this point, the other strong role-player is the DM which is helpful, because our NPC no longer give us quests by telling us, "go look for a sword with a +5 bonus". But it isn't helpful to be the only one in the party that doesn't jump to slit someones throat for a couple gold.

As for the model, I'm fairly Sure I can model the sword but I really just need someone in some bulky fullplate. Anaar is fully 6'6" plus the fullplate, he needs to tower over the other members of the party, the tallest in chainmail only 6'2".

Felix

Explorer
escaflowne777 said:
As for our situation, I don't really see why it matters, but I guess it can't hurt. We are all roughly seventeen, We've all been gaming since we were about twelve, except for I and another member of our party who have been gaming since we were about seven, if you can even call that gaming. Unsurprisingly, Him and I are usually the only ones fully interested in role playing, everyone else usually on the power gaming platform.

<snip>

At this point, the other strong role-player is the DM which is helpful, because our NPC no longer give us quests by telling us, "go look for a sword with a +5 bonus". But it isn't helpful to be the only one in the party that doesn't jump to slit someones throat for a couple gold.
Your group has commitment issues likely because of your youth; your schedule is probably much more mercurial than even someone in their early 20's. If you're looking for regularity, have a set date: play every Tuesday night, perhaps. Put your schedules together (I recommend leaving Friday and Saturday out of consideration), and once you make a choice for game night, stick to it. Groups have a hard time committing when there is no clear date to commit to.

I suspect that having accurate-looking minis, while cool, will help you get together regularly not a whit.

escaflowne777

First Post
Indeed, but the idea behind the minis is only an afterthought. We almost always play on Monday and Thursday, and we do realize that other pursuits will inevitably get in the way of a well planned campaign, but, the minis are more of an incentive. No one wants to start a new campaign after you just spent a otyugh load of time and money modeling your current character. I also just found a couple of well plated minis from the Rackham line, and I have to say, I'm quite impressed with all the models.

Remove ads