Glitterdust on a Beholder?

Orco42

First Post
Ok what happens if you cast glitterdust on a beholder? If it fails its saves it is blinded.

Since it has no line of sight can it use any of it's eyestalks? Should I let it use they rays and roll the direction randomly, or have some stalks not blinded?

Thanks.

Forrester

First Post
Most spells don't require line of sight, but line of effect. For instance, you can say you'll cast a Sleep spell 20' into an area that you can't see within.

Whether this would apply to a Beholder's eyes is up to you, but I would imagine that it would.

chilibean

First Post
If you're blinded, then your enemies are effectively invisible. Thus you have to pick a square to direct your attack at (guess targets location) and you still suffer a 50% miss chance.

But I'm not sure how you use a spell effect to blind it's central eye. It's power is an antimagic field. How is a spell going to affect that?

And if it can see with that one, then it doesn't have to guess the targets location. I would still give it a 50% miss chance though, since it wouldn't be used to aiming with something other than the eye that's shooting. If you wanted, you might reduce it to a 20% miss chance instead for targets in front of it.

Remove ads