heads up to the powers: a particularly sneaky spam

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I saw a nube make a near relevant post and when i quoted to inquire further on their comment there wwere links in the quote, but not in the original post or the quoted post, It was only seen while i was typing the message.

it has been reported. should I also post the name of the person here? as a warning to every one?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I saw the same thing.

They were in the post as links to .jpg's to an advertising site inside img] tags.

But they were invisible in the post, because there was no jpg there, so that if someone quotes it the links show up in the quote.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A reported spammer gets autobanned, so warning people serves no purpose. Best just report the post; we'll delete it and ban the spammer.

the Jester

Legend
I saw a nube make a near relevant post and when i quoted to inquire further on their comment there wwere links in the quote, but not in the original post or the quoted post, It was only seen while i was typing the message.

it has been reported. should I also post the name of the person here? as a warning to every one?

I saw the same thing.

They were in the post as links to .jpg's to an advertising site inside img] tags.

But they were invisible in the post, because there was no jpg there, so that if someone quotes it the links show up in the quote.

Admirably sneaky.

GreyLord

Legend
I think the front page just got hacked or something...it's linking to something like Tiffany and co or something and the words are all jibberish.

Remove ads