Help - Chapter 4/7 Train maps

Elfshire

First Post
I realize I may be asking a bit much here, but after some trial and error on my end, I figured it couldn't hurt.

I'm planning on getting the train maps for Adventures 4 and 7 printed, probably on cardstock or something, maybe even laminated. The problem is I have no image editing experience, and no ability to get the images to the correct size, so that each square is actually 1 inch large.

Has anyone out there already done this, and if so, would you kindly post the results?

jacktannery

Explorer
I can probably do this for you. Do you mean the map showing the individual train carriages called 'TrainCarsFlat2' or 'Avery Coast Railroad' from Chapter 4, page 60? Do you want each carriage as a separate image file? I don't have module 7 by the way as I'm not that far ahead, so I can't with that.

EDIT: if it is that one, I just had a quick check and the final image will measure 22.5 inches wide and 30 inches tall; so how big is your printer? How many images do you want me to cut the big image into? Also I don't think that I can post up EN World Commercial maps here is this public forum.

Last edited:

Elfshire

First Post
You are a lifesaver if you'd be willing to do that for me.

I'm not sure what the other image you're referring to is - but yes, the individual train cars on either page 16 or 60 (same image, as far as I can tell) of Chapter 4. Preferably separate images so I can print multiples of the duplicate cars as needed.

EDIT: As for my printer, I don't actually have one, I was thinking of getting this done at a Kinko's or somewhere similar.

Last edited:

jacktannery

Explorer
Ok here is the second carriage - let me know if it works. Train carriage (No. 2) is supposed to measure 4.5 inches x 11 inches, which means it will fit on US letter size paper (8.5" x 11"). I'd imagine it will be quite blurred. To be honest I think you are better off remaking these maps from scratch, or just using a rough whiteboard; they won't look great colour-printed to 1-Inch scale.

Train2.jpg

Elfshire

First Post
I think that looks good - the image shows up in a word document perfectly sized to the height of the page. I'm aware that based on the size of the original, it'll look blurry when expanded. I think the end product will still probably be better than anything I can make by hand. And it'll certainly be easier than redrawing train cars every single session.

Thanks again for doing this!

jacktannery

Explorer
Ok great that it worked. I could do them all for you and post them up here but I am concerned about copyright - these images are not mine to distribute freely; we'll need Morrus or RangerWicket or one of those to let us know whether they want me to post the enlarged carriages here or not. If not, I could email you the jpgs in exchange for proof that you have bought the module (ie, tell me the second word on page 17) and PM me your email; I imagine that would be fine.

Remove ads