Help me build a Spear-Chuckin' Pirate!

Darklone

I still prefer Far Shot vs Precise Shot since I'm used to melee if the enemy gets close enough for PS, but well, you need it.

I like the ranger build... but I wonder where Improved Evasion comes from. Edit: Checked it, the Master Thrower Evasion is nice! Brutal Throw was in which book again? That was the throw with str feat, right?

Hmm. Somehow I have a tendency to Ranger Rogue... but then you won't get enough feats, right? And you'd need high con. I simply don't like Fighter too much because you can't use armour and tower shield and stuff anyhow.

Ask your DM about changing Track (a typical wilderness feat) to some typical sailor feat... e.g. I only remember the Kalamar feat Steadfast that gives bonuses to stay on your feet in storms and winds.

I LOVE the idea about the parrot as animal companion. I can already see the parrot chasing aquatic trolls later. For that I'd stick with Ranger as far as possible. Wouldn't Ranger3/Ftr2 work as well?

For the Favored enemy... wasn't there a feat or a variant somewhere that allowed you to take aquatic things as enemies? Hah, found it. Aquatic!!!

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/c...nts.htm#favoredEnemyVariantFavoredEnvironment

Well, no damage bonus though.

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
Darklone said:
Hmm. Somehow I have a tendency to Ranger Rogue... but then you won't get enough feats, right? And you'd need high con. I simply don't like Fighter too much because you can't use armour and tower shield and stuff anyhow.

Ask your DM about changing Track (a typical wilderness feat) to some typical sailor feat... e.g. I only remember the Kalamar feat Steadfast that gives bonuses to stay on your feet in storms and winds.

Ranger as far as possible. Wouldn't Ranger3/Ftr2 work as well?

Well, I want to get fighter up to 4, so I can take Weapon Specialization: Cutlass. This opens the door to Melee Weapon Mastery later on. I also intend to get Ranged Weapon Mastery later as well, so I need to get fighter up to 6 eventually.

As for Track, I intend to get it replaced by something... Not sure what yet, though!

For improved evasion, if I want to WAIT for it, I could cut out the rogue levels, and just go ranger. They get evasion at nineth. At that point I could go into Master Thrower! Or better yet, take Master thrower 1, then wait to get evasion, and as soon as I do, raise my next level to Master Thrower 2 so I immediately get improved evasioN!

Remove ads