• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me create the backstory for a spellscale wizard

rom90125

Banned
Banned
We just started a new campaign with a distinct dragon-theme, and my 1st lvl char is a male spellscale wizard. The spellscale has wings that allow him to glide.

The hook: He has no prior memories and has spent the last several months learning to become a wizard (typically spellscales will become sorcerers, but this char has had to relearn nearly everything and found that studying arcane texts iw an easier way to tap into his innate abilities).

Help me flesh out his background...

What has he done over the past several months to become a 1st level wizard.

Some memories are becoming vague impressions that are beginning to come into focus...what are these memories?

What memories does he lose everytime he sleeps, ala Menento?

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Some Possibilities:

1. He was experimented on by various powers-that-be. They grafted the wings on him.
2. He was forcefully summoned to an alternate plane via magic and tortured, enslaved, forced to do manual labor, etc., until he was rescued/escaped.
3. He is a famous, long-dead hero reincarnated. He will remember some of his previous life's memories as time passes.
4. While apprenticed to a more powerful wizard, he was caught in a laboratory accident.
5. He was "charmed" by a powerful succubus and kept as her human pet.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads