Heroes for Hire #1: A Gathering of Heroes

Dark Nemesis

First Post
“You must be joking!” Amora replied with a laugh and a toss of her golden locks. She then offered the man in the red and blue uniform a charming smile. “Darling, why don’t your subdue your teammates and join us? We would make a much better team.”

(OOC: Making a Sorcery check at +9 to mind control the guy who just spoke, with the command ‘subdue your teammates”)

BrotherGustadt

First Post
'Well, I didn't think I was gonna have to actually FIGHT for the job...man, I am not gonna enjoy this...' Even as his heart sinks, Torpedo spins up the turbines and launches himself airborne, taking a second to briefly assess his 'opponents.' His attention focuses on the Pteradactyl-esque flyer, and a basic strategy forms. 'Wings for flying, okay...let's see how they handle a gale.

OOC: Half-move to close some distance, hitting her with the Super-Breath at full strength.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Demolition Man (HP 5/5)

Dennis looked around for Priscilla and then Hammond made his announcement.

"Awww, c'mon.... You gotta be kiddin' me!"

He took in the group that stood before them and followed the others lead. He was not real excited about tussling with a woman he did not know but, she looked to be the toughest member they had. He moved up to her and tired not to make his hesitation noticeable.

"Miss, I really hate to do this but, I need this job." He tagged her with a quick jab from out of nowhere. "Really, really badly."

OOC: Melee +10, Attack Focus +1. Super strength +6, Strike +2. Defense is 21, Dodge, Evasion.
OOC:

Rybaer

First Post
Maya finds herself a bit distressed, uncertain as to how much she can rely on her "teammates." On top of that, she can only guess at what their opponents are capable of.

Deciding to make the best of it, she starts to square off against the stretchy man, hoping that most of his powers are physical in nature. She quickly withdraws a billy club that she had strapped to her shin under the pants - a weapon remarkably similar in design to another hero's...

Can't let this guy have the advantage of reach, she thinks to herself as she races toward him.

ooc - (mimicking Daredevil at the moment) Dodge is kept general. Move and single attack if she's close enough to do so, otherwise just move. She will also use Expertise at +5/-5, giving her a Defense of 29.

hero4hire

Explorer
Doorman 22
Dinah Soar 22
Blue Streak 21
Torpedo 21
Big Bertha 12
D-Man 10
Echo 9
Flatman 7
Mr Immortal 6
Enchantress 5

Above the SuperTemps The Man in all Black Simply Hovers. The Winged reptilian girl Banks around in dizzying circles.
Both Doorman and Dinah Soar hold action. Dinah Soar does use 5 pts of Expertise.
Blue Streak launches himself through the air easily clearing the heads of his allies and foes. He braces for the impact that never comes, as he is swallowed whole by Doorman's body. Disappearing entirely. About two breaths later the Roller-skating hero appears on the other side. He falls head over heels some 30 mph eventually tumbling/skidding to a halt, prone and shivering.
Blue Streak performs a Ramming/Charge attack. Doorman uses his held action to use Dimensional Shunt. Blue Streak's Defense is a 20 due to charging. Doorman rolls a 22. Hit! Power Check vs Reflex save 20 vs. 19 in Doorman's favor. While 'inside' Doorman Blue Streak needs to make a Mental Damage Save vs. 24 which is a Will Save. A roll of 18+0=18. Fails by 6. 1 Stun Hit and Stunned. He immediately releases Blue Streak as a free action.
Torpedo takes to the air. He tries to get a bead on the Saurial female. Turbines whine to life in his wrists and a funnel of air blasts towards the girl. She easily banks around the wind column unmolested.
Torpedo roll a 27! Which misses this round.
The Fat Woman also stands unmoving. "Come and get me big boy!" she yells as she sees D-Man coming at her.
Big Bertha holds action
D-Man apologizes and jabs at Bertha. A quick right solidly connects and sinks deep into rolls of gelatinous blubber and holds fast! D-Man is stuck elbow deep in her.
A succesful hit for D-Man with a 20. Triggered Power: Snare attack roll 22 hit! Reflex save for D-Man 15. No luck.
Held action is used for Deflection for Big Bertha. She needs to beat a roll of 20 altogether. She rolls a 23. Making it so no dmg dealt to Bertha. She uses her other half action for another Snare attempt. Rolls a 12 missing.

Echo quickly and gracefully moves in on the ribbon-like man. She hammers him hard with a truncheon to little effect. In return he attempts to envelop her with his elongated limbs. She easily dances away.
Roll of 24 easily hits. No damage gets through his Protection. He attempts a Grapple. Roll of 22 miss!
The garishly costumed man, barks orders to his teammates calling them by name, and spouting some gibberish like "Manuever Alpha-Matrix zero." One is almost unsure if he is actually giving orders or making it up as he goes along. Until he spies Amora. He sputters a couple times and his jaw goes slack. "Ahhh" is all he manages to say as the Enchantress true to her name easily ensorcels her foe. Suddenly a high-pitched whine cuts through the air interrupting her spell and freeing Mr. Immortal. Amora can see it is from the winged she monster
Mr. Immortal half action to use his Leadership Feat. Bluff roll of 12 to look good while doing it. Use your take 10 Sense Motives to believe him or not. Will Save vs DC 19 for Amora's Mind Control. He fails miserably with a 5. Dinah Soar uses a held half action to use her Mind Control on him as well. Power Check vs Power Check Enchantress 20..Dinah 21 (with a -5 for Expertise). Breaking her grip on his will.

New Round Actions?

Last edited:

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Demolition Man (Unharmed, Snared, HP 5/5)

The white eye slots on D-Man's costume went wide in surprise as his arm was engulfed into Big Bertha!

"Whoa! That's a great defense, how am I supposed to beat a power like that! You ever look into the UCWF?" Demolition Man continued to pull and tug on his arm trying to release it. He considered several escape maneuvers, most of which would backfire due to Bertha's immense size.

He decided to try and return the favor by maneuvering into a hold that would give him some leverage on her and force his release.

OOC: D-Man tries to escape by making an opposed grapple check (+10). Regardless of the result, he attempts to grapple Bertha, since he has one arm free and that is what he needs to use Improved Grapple. In addition to his +10 for melee attack he gets +1 for Attack Focus Grappling. Not sure what penalties are involved.
OOC:

BrotherGustadt

First Post
Torpedo

'Damn, she's good...there's just no real comparison between a born flyer and a guy in a fancy suit. If I keep waxing her tail, all that's gonna accomplish is keeping myself busy...alright, then. Breaking off the pursuit, Brock lines up an attack on Doorman, unleashing a practically solid column of densely compressed air at the mysterious stranger.

OOC: Energy Blast, full strength, at Doorman.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
The Enchantress pouts a moment as the oversized lizard foils her, before trying once again to work her wiles on the apparent leader. ”I do not see why we have to fight. I think you and I would… get along quite well,” Her voice is full of suggestion.

(OOC: Making a Sorcery check at +9 to mind control the leader, with the same command as before)

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Maya/Echo frowns at the rubbery man in mild annoyance when her weapon bounces harmlessly off his body. Gonna have to go for some finesse, she thinks to herself.

Echo executes a series of acrobatic twists and flips as she works her way back across the room...to the corner where she had stashed her handbag. She quickly reaches inside and drags out two items - a small pouch full of change and a tube of lipstick encased in shiny silver metal.

ooc: Move, expertise +5/-5 and dodge (general +1) for defense of 29. Then draw out items. I assume that will wrap up her turn.

Last edited:

Remove ads