EN Publishing Hey look, we have a new website!

ichabod

Legned
I dunno. I clicked "board games," to see what you have. It doesn't take me to board games, it just shows me a bigger image of the thumbnail with "Buy Now." But I don't want to buy now, I want to browse. So I give in and click "Buy Now" on the big board game image and it takes me to all of your products, not your board games. There's not even a filter for type of game (even if I wanted to look just for WOIN stuff), just a filter for availability. And even if I filter by "in stock," that's still 53 pages of products I have to wade through.

You have a search bar, so if I know what I'm looking for it's good. But it's not a good browsing interface.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I dunno. I clicked "board games," to see what you have. It doesn't take me to board games, it just shows me a bigger image of the thumbnail with "Buy Now." But I don't want to buy now, I want to browse. So I give in and click "Buy Now" on the big board game image and it takes me to all of your products, not your board games. There's not even a filter for type of game (even if I wanted to look just for WOIN stuff), just a filter for availability. And even if I filter by "in stock," that's still 53 pages of products I have to wade through.

You have a search bar, so if I know what I'm looking for it's good. But it's not a good browsing interface.
Yeah, you found a broken link. We don't have any board games yet. But we have our first ever non-RPG planned for this year!

Last edited:

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site

Where do you see "board games"? Maybe that was being worked on and they've since removed it. I just click on games and select from the drop down. Interface is pretty easy to navigate and looks great to me.

...ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, if you click on a game from the widget on the main page, you only have a "buy now button" on many of the pages. Whereas if you select a game from the "Our Games" menu on the top, you can get to the game and select from a submenu with options for more info on the game.

Also "board games" does not appear on the "Our Games" top menu drop down. I think the "board games" option on the from page is probably a work in progress that should be hidden.

So the site is great looking, but I would remove the board games link on the front page, or--if you do sell board games--have the buy now button link to a filtered page showing only board games. Also, for every game in the "our games" widget on the front page, add a more info button next to the buy now. It is too easy to scroll down and missed the text menu on top and get confused on whare to get more info on that game.

Remove ads