D&D 5E Homebrew: Advanced Fighting Styles

Undrave

Legend
Kiting/Cautious? Coyote
skill: investigation
Whenever you successfully deal weapon damage to a foe they make a WIS save against your investigation check, if they fail the save you gain +1 to hit on all attacks you make against them and +1 AC against all attacks they make against you, these bonuses can stack up to equal of your proficiency bonus.
Interesting idea but maybe a little TOO fiddly? Hmm... I might have an idea to streamline it...

Interesting idea but maybe a little TOO fiddly? Hmm... I might have an idea to streamline it...
I did something like this one
Fatal Flaw (short rest)

As a bonus action choose a target you have seen for a minute or more. Make an Insight check against a DC of there AC. If you make it you learn any resistance and vulnerabilities the target has, and all weapon attacks you make against the target deal +1d6 damage until the end of your next turn.

Undrave

Legend
I think you'll have an easier time with some decisions here when you settle on the fiction for these. Are these secret styles available only to the few students of hard-to-find masters? Then they might be available to lower-level characters, albeit there should be a Background requirement, maybe a related Flaw or something. Are they truly ancient mysteries only still extant in hidden tomes? Then you should aim for higher level, and look for synergies with mid-tier features. And so on.
The more I think about it, the more I kinda want to make these a subclass feature? But they'd also be available with a feat.

Remove ads