How much should my PCs get for a bounty on a dangerous bandit?

Cleon

Legend
Indeed! Even normal items that are of excellent quality may cost 2-5 times as much as their normal variations, so those are potential ways to use gold.

And living supplements do add up - new clothes, better packs, small strongholds to keep their wealth and keep it protected.. all of these do have a price. Even adventuring equipment that gets broken or has limited use may eat into those precious gold pieces - lantern oil, torches, rations, scrolls of protection, potions, etc.

Rather than high-quality items I was thinking of high-price items like Spyglasses (1,000 gp), Medium Warhorses (225 gp), Fine Fur Cloaks (50 gp) or that old standby Silk Rope (10 gp per 50 ft.).

Masterwork grade equipment isn't included in the core 2E AD&D Player's Handbook, so I didn't want to assume it was available.

Citan Uzuki

Explorer
Rather than high-quality items I was thinking of high-price items like Spyglasses (1,000 gp), Medium Warhorses (225 gp), Fine Fur Cloaks (50 gp) or that old standby Silk Rope (10 gp per 50 ft.).

Masterwork grade equipment isn't included in the core 2E AD&D Player's Handbook, so I didn't want to assume it was available.

Indeed, masterwork isn't included in the core handbook, I cannot disagree. :3 But, of course, that doesn't mean you still can't add them in as they are in the supplemental books - but that is solely DM discretion. If the players want it available, though, by all means add them in! Give them those gold sinks - just means they are spending their hard-earned cash.

But yes, all those high-priced items that help out or just make life easier do add up in prices.

Best thing I can think of - if the players say "I've got so much gold and stuff.. what can I do with it all?", then you can make suggestions brought up here for how they can spend it - like the masterwork stuff, potentially searching out a wizard to make them a magical item, strongholds, lavish goods, etc. If something makes their eyes brighten up, then you've got them hooked. :D From there, you can add in those extra things over time.

Psikerlord#

Explorer
Publisher
I feel like 1000 gp should be a lot for anyone. But its just a feeling. I think this sort of thing depends on your setting/wealth standards.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases