Human Blood Only Prestige Class?

Balsamic Dragon

First Post
I was thinking that one should exist, and if any prestige class was a perfect fit it has to be Exotic Weapon Master from the new Masters of the Wild. Listen to the text:

"For the exotic weapon mater, the intricacies of the shuriken, the siangham, the dire flail and the hand crossbow pose no difficulty at all. These unusual weapons are her trade, and in her hands, they become instruments of destruction. ... most are human, because members of that race have the most exposire to new cultures and thus the most opportunities to take up exotic weapons."

This really plays off the idea that what makes humans special in a fantasy world is their adaptability. I'm changing the class in my game so that only those races with human blood (Human, Half-Elf and Half-Orc) can take it.

What do you guys think? Does this fit? Should there be a human only prestige class at all?

Balsamic Dragon

Shard O'Glase

First Post
I'm for human only prestige classes in fact I pushed for it in another thread. As for this particualr one, yeah that seems to make sense to me. The human benefits seem to be based around their versatility and adaptability, so if they were to have a prestige class it should focus on those traits.

hong

WotC's bitch
I don't think human-only PrCs are necessary. IME the most popular PC race by far is humans; the +1 skill rank per level, extra feat and flexible favoured class are very nice.

Balsamic Dragon

First Post
hong said:
I don't think human-only PrCs are necessary. IME the most popular PC race by far is humans; the +1 skill rank per level, extra feat and flexible favoured class are very nice.

I guess my intention isn't to make humans more popular to play, but just to give them a bit more style. The racial specific prestige classes are there to give each race something personal that they can use to define what that culture values. Thus Dwarven Defender, Gnomish Trickster, etc.

BTW, I already nixed the Rage requirement ;) I wouldn't be too surprised if it was a typo from a previous incarnation of the class and got dumped with the errata comes out.

Balsamic Dragon

Wolfspider

Explorer
Actually, I was thinking of designing a "Prophet of Wastri" prestige class for my Greyhawk campaign that would be human only....

Remove ads